sweet creature

I awoke the following morning with my grandmother's journal sprawled across my chest and Remus's hand still wrapped in mine

I wiped the sleep from my eyes and used my empty hand to close the book and push it onto the bedside table where Remus's star was still glowing faintly. I turned to face the sleeping boy with a smile.

He was enveloped in the jumper that he promised to wear. The grey fabric seemed to swallow him up as the neckline and hood rose up around his jawline.

The cold morning light washed over his features, leaving him a soft shade of tan. His usual pink scars faded against his skin, making room for two new scratches that were a prominent color of painful red.

I ran my fingers carefully over each, the first being a small nick by the bottom of his left ear, and the other a long scratch running from the bottom of his right eyebrow to the top of his left.

I pressed a small kiss to the halfway point, right between his eyebrows and Remus stirred slightly, reaching out his free hand to grab a handful of my shirt along my waist.

"Good morning, Remmy J," I said quietly. Remus hummed softly but did not open his eyes. "You seem okay," I continued. "Just a few scratches."

I moved my hand to cup the side of his cheek, tracing small and light circles around his skin with my fingers.

"Wasn't too bad," he mumbled.

My shoulders relaxed a bit at the words and I sank into the mattress as Remus and I laid peacefully for a moment.

As he fell into a state of half-sleep, my mind wandered back to the events of the evening prior. I thought of the journal resting on the bedside table, I thought of the leftover pizza, I thought of Lily and Alice confessing that they were each pregnant.

"I have a secret," I said with a smile.

"What is it?" Remus asked sleepily.

"Well, if I tell you then it won't be a secret," I replied. Remus peeked one eye open and smiled before closing it again.

"You're cute," he said. I pulled my hand away from him and scoffed.

"I am not," I stated.

Remus scrunched up his face and reached around for my arm until he caught my wrist and brought my hand back to his face.

"Mm," he groaned. "Keep doing that."

I laughed and resumed the soft motions across his cheek.

"Anything for you, Your Highness," I said.

"Thank you, princess," he mumbled with a small smile.

I smiled too and we fell quiet once more. I watched Remus's chest rise and fall against the worn jumper. His smaller state reminded me of the events of the evening, and the events of the evening reminded me of the star on the bedside table.

"You were thinking about me last night," I noted.

"'Course I was," Remus replied groggily. "'M always thinking about you."

"Even when you're a wolf?" I asked. Remus breathed a laugh.

"Even when I'm a wolf."

"Were you thinking about eating me?" I asked with false judgement. Remus laughed again and kissed my cheek.

"Yes, love," he said, moving to take a small bite into the shirt fabric on my shoulder. "I was thinking about eating you."

"Ooh," I laughed. "Scary."

Remus smiled and his head fell back onto the pillow beside mine with his eyes still closed. I placed my hand back onto his cheek and began tracing around his face again.

"You still haven't told me your secret," he said.

"I can't tell you," I stated.

Remus smiled and his eyebrows rose slightly, taking the brand new scar upwards with them.

"You'll tell me," he decided.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," Remus said. "Because if you don't, then I'll eat you."

"Well if you eat me then I can't tell you," I reasoned. "Because then I'd be dead."

"Hm," Remus hummed thoughtfully. "That's true."

Remus and I fell quiet again and our breathing patterns synced involuntarily. I let my fingers move slowly across his face a few times before breaking the silence.

"You wanna know the secret?" I asked softly. Remus smiled and his eyes finally opened, their golden waves delving into me even when coated with sleep. I felt my breathing fall out of sync with his as my heart caught in my chest.

"Mhm," Remus hummed. 

"I love you," I said.

Remus's smile grew and he lifted his head off of the pillow to press his lips to mine. A rush of warmth crashed through the kiss, carrying me far far away.

"That's not a secret," he said as he pulled back.

"No?" I asked.

Remus shook his head.

"Well then I guess I don't have one after all."

______

A/N

okay this is short asf but at least its happy LOL

more happy things coming yay

song: sweet creature - harry styles

how it applies: bruh i literally COULD NOT find a song for the life of me so i just resorted to my harry styles playlist LOL but this one actually fits well like vibes & lyrics & whatev & it's actually rlly cute so yeah