sunflower feelings

"If you keep taking my jumpers I'm not going to have any clothes left

"If you keep taking my jumpers I'm not going to have any clothes left."

"Is that such a bad thing?"

Remus and I were sitting on one of the long couches in the common room. I had my back pressed against the arm of the sofa with my legs across Remus's lap. I was trying, and failing, to solve a Rubix cube while he read, though he wasn't really paying attention to the book.

As usual, I was dressed in a large green sweater that did not belong to me, and I had paired it with grey sweatpants that also did not belong to me. The sleeves of Remus's sweatshirt covered all but my fingertips as I spun the colorful block back and forth, though I wasn't really concerned with the pattern. His sweatpants had a similar swallowing effect, and my socked feet were tucked inside of the cuffed ends.

Remus, for lack of better option, had on a pair of loose jeans and a grey t-shirt. His arbitrarily tan arms were steadily strong, as he regained form after the early February moon. He had one hand on the bottom of his book, which was resting on the side of my knees, and the other tucked between my thighs.

He was about to snap back with some comment, which I'm sure would revolve around the improperness for a prefect to walk around naked, but he was interrupted when Sirius stormed down the stairs with James close behind.

"Stop following me!" Cried Sirius.

"No! Can't we talk about this?"

"What's there to talk about?" Sirius snapped his head around angrily and folded his arms over his chest. "You're only abandoning me forever."

"Padfoot, I am not abandoning you! I thought you would have seen this coming!"

"Oh right," scoffed Sirius. "Because I should have expected my best mate to drop me... FOR A GIRL."

"We can just postpone!"

"Postpone?! Do you hear yourself? It is a one day event, James. You can't postpone."

"Sirius, come on, don't do this."

"No, you know what? It's fine, really. We knew this day would come."

"What day?"

"We just have to find some new friends, James. You know, branch out."

"But I don't want to branch out!"

"You already have! You and Lily will have a nice Valentine's dinner together. I'm sure you'll even take her skating on the Black Lake, won't you?!"

James gasped and slammed his hand into his heart.

"Sirius, I would never," his words chopped out, quietly and as though that were the worst insinuation his friend may have made. "That's our thing."

"Well, maybe we shouldn't have things. We should have seen this coming, right? Maybe we never would have worked."

"Don't say that."