Chapter 24- Sans' Jacket

(~Your POV + Time Skip 3 Days~)

By leaning on her a little, Undyne helps me into the skelebros' house. The place looks so eerie now, even though it's only been a few days since anyone was here.

Memories spill into my mind, expecting to see Papyrus cooking in the kitchen or Sans sleeping on the couch. Realistically, I know that those activities are far from what they're actually doing right now.

We weren't the only ones that came in here. Things are thrown around just from what I can see in the kitchen. The bedroom doors are busted off the hinges. It looks like there are some areas where they broke large pieces off the wall. Undyne looks around, "Wow, this place is a mess compared to the last time I was here." "It wasn't like this when we left." I state, tensing up.

'Did Mettaton send a group here to loot the place? Was he looking for me...?'

"Alright, let's sit ya down." Undyne noticed my tension and helps me to sit on the couch. Most of the minor injuries I got earlier have healed or the pain is bearable. Still, there are some major areas that cause me quite a bit of pain. I need to take breaks every now and then to recover my strength. The only reason Undyne let me out of the house in the first place is because my fever's gone. Plus, 6 days have passed since I escaped.

'It's urgent that we take action! We need to get them out..!'

I look ahead. Sans' jacket on the floor in the middle of the room. "Undyne-" I point to it. "Leave it to me!" Undyne interrupts me, shouting with confidence. She quickly grabs it and hands the jacket to me, "Mission accomplished."

'There has to be some reason why he made me go through all of this to get it.'

I grab it and begin to inspect it. Undyne looks around, "We got the jacket. Now what?" "I don't know yet. That's all he told me." I reply with all honesty.

'Is he serious? How is clothing supposed to- !!!! wAiT!'

One of the pockets, it's been altered. The sewing job itself is messy, but it's enough to stealthily keep it hidden. Being trained to see even the smallest of differences, I immediately recognize the pattern change. A piece of fabric has been sewn over the back wall of the pocket.

'Did Sans do this in advance for me to find? Dang, he's observant.'

He did this after seeing me handle that bag in the same way. I look up, speaking firmly, "Undyne, get me a knife from the kitchen..! Please." Undyne looks a bit surprised by my sudden command, but then immediately nods and follows my direction.

Once she gets it to me, I carefully pull the pocket inside out so I can see better. My suspicions are right. That carefree bonehead actually pulled a secretive trick of his own and left something he knew I'd find.

'Geez, the dude can't beat me at video games but I'm definitely gonna have to give him a medal for this.'

Using the tip of the blade, I carefully cut the sewn string. I seriously mean it, I'm doing so CAREFULLY. Sans really cares for this jacket. Even Papyrus knew how important it was to him! Because of that, I'm trying to get this fabric piece unattached while also trying to do as little damage to the actual jacket as possible.

After a few minutes of cutting the thread in certain spots, I'm able to pull it right off. A piece of paper slips out, falling into my lap.

Undyne smiles and shouts, "Heck yeah! Secret message!!!" I laugh and set the jacket aside, "Sure enough."