Chapter 13

Steele's POV.

After Jesse left, I waited a few moments in silence, for anyone to come in.

When they didn't, I flipped the chains so I could climb up them.

I started but hesitated when I could feel something in my back. I reached around and felt a knife lodged in my skin.

Still holding onto the chains, I slowly made my way up to the cement ceiling.

After I got to the top, I dropped down. Little pieces of the ceiling went flying and my wrists hurt like hell. Since the chains didn't come loose, I tried again. I did the exact same thing and the ceiling almost collapsed with the chains.

I flung the chains so they can be used to my advantage.

A man came running in first and without second thought, I wrapped the chain around his neck, cutting off air supply and quickly snapping it.

He fell to the ground, completely limp.

Now, I can add one more to my 'Killed' list.

I walked up the stairs cautiously, making sure the door wouldn't turn and someone come shoot me.

When I got to the top, I opened the door.

Looking out, I slipped into the empty hallway.

This house is easy to travel through. In seconds, I found the front door.

When I did get out, a wall of bodies blocked my path to the woods. A drop of blood hit the ground in front of my feet and I looked up.

A girl, no older than eight, stared down at me. She looked as if she had seen a ghost, but who could blame her?

I examined her body and found that she had been stabbed. She had time to scream. Yet she didn't.

Jesse is a horrible man, almost killing an innocent eight year old girl.

A woman rushed over to her and carried her inside. The woman looked like she was in her mid- twenties.

I hid behind some bushes and watched the wall of men. Jesse was walking down in front of them barking orders.

My plan is that once he walks off where no one can see him, I'll take my chance and grab him.

I continued to watch Jesse. He was taking his sweet damn time and it was getting on my nerves. Just looking at him makes my blood boil, to think that he laid a hand in my mate.

Jesse finally walked back towards the house smirking. I wanted to get him now but there were a lot of people around and if I'm going to get out of here with him, I need to do it where no one is watching.

He walked back into the house and I silently followed. I stayed far behind him hoping to be unnoticed.

When Jesse reached the bottom of the stairs he mumbled something under his breath. He turned around and then he saw me. I didn't freeze up like most people would, instead I tackled him to the floor and wrapped the chains around his neck.

The chains were cutting off his air supply slightly. I just needed him to pass out so I could get him back on my territory.

"You're not going to get away. I hope you know that there is no way in hell you are going to be able to leave." Jesse struggled to breath.

"Shut the fuck up!" I snapped.

Surprisingly, he did as I said. I applied more pressure to his throat and eventually he passed out.

I threw him over my shoulder as I winced in pain from the damn knife. The basement didn't have any doors except two. One was beside the cell I was in and the other was on the other side of the room.

I couldn't go out the front door because a fight will break out. As much as I hate to say it, I am in no condition to fight. My feet stumbled beneath me. I caught my balance and reached the door. My hand tugged it open and sunlight filled the dark rooms.

There wasn't anyone standing around the forest.

Idiots.

I looked around carefully and made my way to the forest. Honestly, I was expecting someone to find me, but no one seemed to care to look.

I eventually made my way into the wooded area. I have no clue how long I have been walking but I finally reached the territory line.

Some of my men were standing there. One of them seen me and rushed over to my side.

"Get him. He weighs a ton." I winced as they pulled him off my shoulder.

"You need to go to the pack doctor." One of them said. I wasn't paying attention to who said what.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I huffed.

"Luna has been looking all over for you. She nearly went out of her mind trying to find you. We were about to send a search party." The man said.

"I don't need a damn search party. I'm here aren't I?"

"Steele!" A female voice called. Seconds later small arms were wrapped around my neck.

Allie was held her head into my chest. My chest hurt as she was clinging to my body, but I didn't say anything. I didn't want to upset her. My arms found their way to her waist and pulled her closer.

"Holy shit, you're bleeding." Allie stepped back from me. Her hands and clothes were stained with blood. I didn't realize I was bleeding again.

Her eyes were filled with fear.

"I'm okay. I'll just go to the pack doctor and have him do what ever he does." I shrugged.

I took a step towards Allie and placed my arms around her shoulders.

She gave me a soft smilie. I could tell it hurt her to see me like this. I would do everything I had to take that away from her.

We made our way to the pack doctor's office.

"Stay here. I'll be back out in a few minutes." I pointed my finger at her.

"I'm going in with you." She crossed her arms over her chest. She looked like a child. I do have to say, she does look hot when she's determined.

"No, you're not. I can see that look in your eye. You look hurt seeing me like this. There for you are not going in the room." I argued.

"Damn it,Steele! Just let me go in the damn room. You're hurt and I want to be in there with you. There is nothing you can say that is going to change my mind."

I sighed in defeat.

"Whatever. Apparently I can't stop you."

"Thank you." She smiled slightly and walked over beside me.

She guided me into the small room with different equipment.