Chapter 10

Allie's POV.

When Steele looked away I knew he was furious. His godly face was turning red with anger.

These bruises shouldn't last too long. My wolf could heal quickly, or so I'm told.

I have only ever had measly, minor bruises that would heal in less than a second.

In moments, I had been laid into a soft bed and could feel the bones inside of me moving, connecting with a loud Snap!

I groaned and hissed in pain but the fire soon died down, creating the illusion that I was better. But I wasn't better yet, not even close.

The bones easily snapped together but they need to grow together not just a-line.

While I was lying in bed, Steele would pace in and out of the room. He constantly asked if I was feeling better or if I need anything.

"Yeah, I'm good. I don't need anything." I would dismiss him over and over.

Every time I would dismiss him, he would come back in the room and ask again.

"Steele, I'm fine. I'm just healing." I grabbed his hand when he was in reach.

He stared into my eyes. I could tell my touch was helping him calm down a little but not entirely.

"But you're in pain. I can't stand to see that. I can feel it too, so don't lie to me. Please." Steele squeezed my hand.

"I'm fine. Y'know, for a big bad alpha you seem kinda soft." I smiled at him.

I tried to keep his mind occupied on something other than me in pain.

"I am not soft."

"I'm pretty sure you are. From all the stories I've heard, you sound like you have no feelings, doesn't care for anyone but yourself, and you are nothing like that." I poked at his stomach.

I felt the muscles in his stomach tense at my touch. Quickly, they relaxed again.

"I told you I am not soft. I may care about you and your safety, but I am not soft." He gave me a serious look.

"Ha! You admitted you have feelings!" I laughed.

His face went from serious to giving me a weird glance. He rolled his eyes at me. He leaned in and kissed me. I've missed his touch those two days I was gone.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine.

"Yes, I do have feelings for you. You're my mate. I know you may think I'm still a terrible person, but I do care about you."

"Steele, I don't think you're a terrible person. I used to, from all the stories I heard. I guess you could say I judged a book by its cover. Once I got to know you, I was happy to be your mate. I still am. Please, put that thought away." I had more to say but Steele tried to kiss me again.I turned my head so he ended up kissing my cheek. He looked at me confused. "Steele, I love you."

I finally said it. I thought about him a lot over the two days I was gone. I realized that I loved the man in front of me.

"I love you too." He leaned in again. This time I let him. His slightly chapped lips brushed against mine softly.

I loved the feeling of his lips on mine. Steele deepened the kiss, his tongue exploring every inch of my mouth. I attempted to tangle my hands in his hair but he grabbed my wrists and held them down, making sure not to touch the burn.

He stopped and stood, leaving the room.

Steele's POV

This felt wrong. She was marked and I need to fix that. She is mine, not Jesse's.

I sent out to find that bastard.