Chapter 8

After Jesse went upstairs, two men came down. They, too, were dressed in a crisp suit. My head tilted a little in confusion.

"What the hell do you want?" I grumbled angrily.

When they didn't answer, I continued.

"Why did he even mark me? He has his own friggin mate to bother!"

While I was jabbing insults at them and Jesse, they stepped into the prison like room.

Damn, they looked intimidating. Not even close to as intimidating as Steele but hey, they weren't my mate.

The men walked closer and cornered me against the wall. I narrowed my eyes and asked them politely, at first, to stop moving closer to me. Apparently, they are deaf so they continued.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I growled. The taller one pushed me into the wall and I fell to the ground. The shorter one quickly threw a punch and I felt a pain blossom across my face.

The next blow was to my ribs where they kicked.

I heard a nasty snap and felt a pain in my upper abdomen. Another blow to my face sent pain to run through my whole body.

I whimpered but was also shouting at them to stop.

"Why the hell would-" I tried to speak a full sentence but was cut off my another kick to my stomach.

When they stopped, I was out of breath and wasn't catching it anytime soon.

After the two men left, wiping their hands on the trim of their suits.

Jesse walked down the stairs, meeting the men half-way.

He whispered quietly to them while using sign language. When he finished, the men disappeared up the stairs.

"You will learn to obey me, one way or the other." Jesse stared at me intently.

"You do understand... that this... will not help... you at all. Steele... will find me... easily, quickly." I wheezed.

"Allie, Allie, Allie, I haven't found my mate. I don't intend too because you are my chosen mate." Jesse smirked.

"I don't want to be your damn chosen mate! I have my mate! I don't want you!" I yelled at him across the room.

"Well, if you want to or if you don't want to, you are my mate now. Not that asshole, Steele." He didn't raise his voice to match mine.

"Steele is not an asshole!"

"If he's not an asshole, why did you run away and come crying to me."

I want to reach out and slap that smirk off his face.

"That was before I- Before I- well I don't have to tell you." I started my sentence than didn't want to finish because he doesn't have to know about my relationship with Steele.

"I have a right to know since you are my mate. Now tell me, before you...." He trailed off.

"If you must know, before we kissed and I realized my feeling for him. Now that I have told you will you please let me go."

"You kissed? Just because you kiss doesn't mean he's not an asshole." He made weird motions with his hands as he spoke.

"You say Steele is an asshole, but you abducted me, imprisoned me, marked me with out my permission, I would have to say you're the asshole."

Jesse looked mad.

"Surely, you don't mean that." He gave me a slight grin.

"You're right I don't mean that." I gave him a harsh smile.

"I knew it."He smiled and crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're are far worse than an asshole." I smirked at him.

Jesse rushed to the silver bars being careful not to touch them. I backed out of his reach.

"You will show me some respect."

"I definitely will......not."

"You will come to realize that you still have feelings for me. Eventually you won't put up a fight."

"What the hell do you want? I am tired of being in this damn cell. I am a a girl, has you mother ever told you how to treat a lady? I don't think she would ever say this would be okay." I put a forced smile on my face.

"She has, but she's not here right now to see this."

"Whatever, is there a bathroom here?" I asked while looking around the room. The only door I could see if the one I tried to get to earlier.

"There is. Why?"

"I'm still a person, and last time I checked people have to pee."

"Whatever." He unlocked the cell door Trying not to touch it.

He pulled me out of the cell, holding onto my upper arm tightly. He dragged me up the stairs and to a door. He walked inside he bathroom with me.

"Excuse me? What are you doing?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Um.. letting you use the bathroom." He glanced at me quickly.

"Well go! I am not using the bathroom with you or anyone else in here!"

"Fine, but I'm standing outside the door." He held his hands up in surrender.

"Whatever, now go!"

He closed the door behind him when he stepped out. I looked around the room, trying to find a way out. I turned around and saw curtains. I pulled then open quietly. Sunshine filled the room once I pulled them a part.

The window looked large enough to climb out of. I stood up on the sink and leaned over to the window. I pulled it open as silently as I could. I slipped my legs through, trying not to fall backwards.

I slid out of the window and landed silently on the ground behind some bushes. I looked around to see if anyone was watching. When I thought I was clear, I bolted. There were men screaming my name. Their footsteps were catching up with me.