Chapter 4

I woke up beside Jesse.We were laying on the ground behind some trees. His arm was draped over my waist. I rolled over to face him. He was awake watching me. Before he could say anything, I landed my lips on his. He kissed me deeply and passionately.

"Ahem. If you two are done giving each other tongue baths you should get up." I pulled away from Jesse and stood up. I walked up beside Ian.

"Is the big brother jealous?" I joked around. I gave him a pouty face.

"No, I'm not jealous! You are still my little sister and I don't necessarily like to see you two... do that."

"We weren't getting that far." I laughed.

"You two are staying very close to the pack line." Ian warned.

"We'll be fine." Jesse intervened.

"If Alpha Steele comes and takes her, I'm blaming you." Ian growled.

He walked off and I lied in Jesse's arms. It doesn't feel as right as it used to. To be honest, it doesn't feel right at all. Neither did the kisses we shared. I shrugged off the feeling and just stayed there.

"Jesse, have you found your mate yet?" I asked.

"No. I haven't and I hope I don't. I lo-"

"No you don't. You don't love me. Don't throw that word around, please." I sighed and sat up, out of his arms.

His eyes turned to slits and his eyebrows furrowed.

"I need to go." I looked at the forage covered ground then at Jesse.

I made a move to get up but Jesse grabbed my arm angrily.

"Do not walk away from me! I am beta, now. You have to obey my orders!" Jesse yelled.

"You're trying to boss me around now! Do I look like a fucking maid? No! Stay away from me! We are over!" I yelled. This didn't make me sad, it made me furious.

"No! You will stay and obey my rules and commands!" He yelled back.

"Fuck you! Im not in your pack! You can't boss me around like an assbutt!"

I ran into the woods and shifted as I jumped over a log. I landed gracefully on my paws. Angry tears slid down my face as I ran at full speed back to Steele.

He's better than the man I've known my whole  life. At least Steele didn't turn on me.

Steele was standing on the front porch, smoking. I shifted and fell to the ground, weak from all that running. I didn't exactly take a straight path here, contemplating wether or not I should come.

He just looked at me and called a wolf over to my side. The wolf picked me up and carried me inside the house, to the Alpha's room to be exact.

"Why didn't you come after me?" I asked when Steele came into the room after I had dressed.

"I knew." He spoke quietly. A guilty expression crossed his face but was gone as quick as it came.

"Knew what?" I asked as he sat down at the foot of the bed.

"That he would eventually boss you around then you would come crawling back here." He said looking proud of himself.

"I only came back here because he pissed me off and he followed my brother here. I didn't want to deal with his shit." I laid down in frustration.

"But I knew. I knew he was going to be a little shit to you but I didn't warn you." His eyes were dark letting me know if was his wolf using Steele's voice.

"It's okay... I just... he... Steele, it kind of hurt. He was my best friend and boyfriend but turned on me. He became... like... like you?"

Steele's eyes turned a stormy grey showing his wolf didn't like the fact that I was with someone else.

"I- whatever." Steele took back over and walked out of the room, slamming the door.

"Steele! Wait!" I jumped out of the bed and raced to find him. He was nowhere. Disappeared.

I ran down the stairs, almost tripping on my feet. Stopping a person, I asked where I could find him.

"There is a basement where he stores all of his stuff. No one is allowed down there except for him." The woman warned.

I ignored her and walked to the only door that I haven't looked into yet. Yeah... I looked through every door in the house... some were... not very pleasing to barge into.

The door led to a flight of wooden stairs. It was dark and damp. As I descended the stairs, I saw a light from the very end of the room. I stepped down the last few stairs.

"Steele? Are you down here?" My voice echoed through the room.

I heard movement to my right.

"Steele?" I cut the corner of the stairs.

Steele was pacing in the far corner. He looked up at me.

"Do you really think I'm a bad person?" He looked scared. He tried to hide it but I could see it in his grey eyes.

"Um.... I'm not sure if I want to answer that." I hesitated.

"You do. I know you do. If I'm such a bad person would I do this." He walked over to me quickly.

His lips landed on mine.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hey guys. I think I'm going to make this a short book but maybe I'll write a sequel... maybe even three books if you guys like it. I dunno...

What do you think? It would be awesome if you commented and voted! Thanks!!!