18: arrival

Serafine's POV

Cheers and applause fill the air as soon as everyone gets off the boat.

"All right!"
"Yeah!"
"They're back!"
"Awesome!"

A big group of people welcomes us, "they all seem so nice." I tell myself relieved.

I walk down the stairs together with Benji after Mary Margaret and David, everyone is greeting and hugging each other. "Everyone here seems so close to each other".

"How does it feel to finally be home?" Emma asks Henry.
"Better than I ever imagined."

I look back at the ship to see Felix walking down the stairs. He seems to make eye contact with Henry, like they want to say something to each other. Something seems off.

My thoughts are interrupted when Emma starts speaking. "I have to admit, there was a minute there, I didn't believe we were all gonna make it out of that place."

"Well, we did." David responses.

"And we owe it a lot to her." Mary Margaret says loudly, gesturing her head towards Regina, who was earlier looking down. She looks up, surprised like she isn't sure what to say because she isn't used to it.
"She helped save us all." Mary Margaret adds.

———————————————————

"So, everyone in this town is a fairytale character from another realm and they where brought here by the evil queen, aka Regina, due to a curse? That's... a whole lot."

We are at a cafe named Granny's, when I say we, I mean the whole buggin' town. I was seated at a table together with Benji and Emma, who explains everything about Storybrooke.

"I know, you'll get used to it. I promise. You guys can go to school here, we'll decide later who you will live with till you can live on your own. For now Mary Margaret and David will take you in."

"Thank you so much for everything, you guys are so kind." Benji smiles, I nod in agreement.

"It's no problem, really. Serafine, can you follow me? I have something to tell you."

I nod and walk after Emma as she walks outside.
What could she have to tell?

"Pan, he- he killed your parents right?" I can see a hint of sympathy in her eyes.

I look down trying to hold back my tears. A cold feeling consumes me when I think back to it.

This was enough answer for Emma. "When we heard screaming, we went to look where it came from. We found a building with cells inside, in one of them we found Benji, the other one... two dead bodies.

A tear escapes my eye.

"Benji led us to Pan's camp and that's where we found you, you know the rest. But Regina was able to put a spell on the bodies to stop them from rotting, and kept them in a box. If you want, we can organise a funeral."

Tears of both happiness and sadness stream down my face while I put both my hands over my mouth. "Thank you." My voice sounds cracky.

Emma smiles sympathetic at me. "I am happy we could do something for you after all you've been put through."

——————————————————-