forty two

Chaerin closed her eyes and slowly let the air fill her lungs. She felt out of place standing in the middle of a mall, questioning why she agreed to leave in the first place. She then opened her eyes, to see the four people who dragged her out of the house, Haechan, Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung.

They were browsing around the shops, trying to forget the tension back in the house. Chaerin however was still preoccupied, and choose to wait for them outside the shops.

"Chaerin?"

She turned to the owner of the voice.

"Akiro?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked with a small smile.

"I'm just accompanying some friends, you?"

"I bought my sister a birthday gift," He said, raising the paper bag in his hand. A moment of silence passes before Akiro speaks again,

"Are you okay?"

Chaerin raised an eyebrow at his question.

"You just look like you have a lot on your mind," He shrugged, then handed her a small strawberry shortcake in a plastic container. Chaerin stared at the cake for a few seconds before looking at the person beside her.

"Sweets always make me feel better,"

"I can't argue with that," Chaerin says, taking the shortcake from his hands.

Akiro chuckles in response and Chaerin's lips tug up ever so slightly.

"Well it's good seeing you, call me if you need anything." He smiles and waves goodbye.

• • •

After their small trip to the mall, Chaerin and Chenle were summoned by Ten to their office for a mission.

Ten looked at Chaerin a bit worried, he didn't want to send her on a mission right now, however, she was the only one who could accomplish it.

Ten poked his tongue in the inside of his cheek, he was conflicted. Sighing, he got up from his chair and approached the table where some of the other members were situated.

"Okay this is the plan, the files containing the new set up locations are on the second floor here," Ten points to the screen, "This is according to the information we got from the bugs we set up, we go with two cars, the first is Kun, Shotaro, Lucas, Chenle and Jaemin, then Chaerin is in the other one,"

"Listen carefully," Ten states seriously, making the members around the table lean in, "Chaerin will be on-site first, followed by the rest. What's going to happen is after you take the files, you will switch cars so that they will go after Chaerin and the rest of you can escape,"

"What's going to happen to Chaerin?" Chenle asks.

"She just needs to lose them, then she returns to the house," Ten answers, "Any other questions? If there's nothing, get your earpieces from Winwin and get your weapons and such then go,"

Ten then returned to his seat, preparing for the mission, an unsettling feeling still bothering him.

___________________________
More of a filler chapter, hope you're all doing great loves.
___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010