twenty five

just kidding, here's the actual chapter.
___________________________

12:15 a.m.

The sound of quick muffled footsteps on the carpeted stairs made Johnny raise his head from the couch in curiosity.

"Johnny!" Chaerin called out.

"Yeah?"

Chaerin peered over the couch and shot Johnny a wide grin. Which made Johnny's eyebrows rise.

"Oh no, what is it? Where's the dead body?" Johnny sighed and sat up, getting ready to stand up.

Chaerin shot him a scowl, "Not that, can you accompany me somewhere?" Chaerin smiled sweetly.

"To where?" Johnny asked.

His eyes widened when it dawned upon him, "You're going to a race aren't you?"

"Perhaps," Chaerin shrugged.

"You sound just like your brother," he sighed while shaking his head, "Does Taeyong know about this?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm asking you to accompany me, that's his condition," Chaerin said like it was obvious.

"And what do I get out of this?"

"I'll get you good coffee,"

"And?"

"I don't know, whatever food you want," Chaerin rolled her eyes.

"Okay, let's go," Johnny grinned, quickly agreeing at the sound of good coffee and good food.

• • •

"If I didn't know better, I would think you're driving me to the middle of nowhere to get murdered," Johnny snorted, looking out the window.

The area resembled a ghost town, abandoned buildings lining the streets with barely any streetlights illuminating the area.

It looked straight out of a horror movie.

After Chaerin made a few more confusing turns here and there, a clearing and a bright light could be seen in the distance.

Correction, multiple bright lights.

"Welcome back to street racing central, Gojung-gil," Chaerin smirked.

"It never fails to leave me in awe," Johnny said, looking around the area.

Neon lights and signs were plastered almost everywhere with spotlights lining the streets. Different cars were lined up and people flooded the sidewalks.

Nobody would expect something like this hidden in the abandoned area, making it the perfect location.

They approached the big crowd in the center, Chaerin parked her car in the middle, beside the other people who were joining the race.

"Don't get lost, I'll see you in a while," Chaerin said to Johnny while unlocking the car door.

"Rude," Johnny scoffed.

"I don't let people ride shotgun," Chaerin laughed, "Make sure to bet for me," Chaerin winked.

"Whatever, stay safe or something and always keep your phone on you,"

They both got out of the car, Johnny walking to the sidewalk and Chaerin approaching one of the guys overseeing the whole thing.

"Aerin! Welcome back it's been a while," One of the guys greeted.

"Yeah, I'm joining tonight,"

"Great! Give me a sec,"

Johnny explored the area more since the race won't start for a while. He felt a vibration in his pocket and grabbed his phone.

"Johnny,"

"Mark, what's up?"

"Where are you? Are you with Chaerin?"

"Yeah, why?"

"The dreamies are looking for her,"

"Are they or are you?"

Mark sighed at the other end which Johnny chuckled at, "Both, so where are you guys? It's late,"

"Gojung-gil," Johnny said casually, still exploring the streets.

"Gojung-gil? Isn't that where races are held? Wait she's going racing isn't she? Wait why didn't you tell us!"

Shouts of 'WHAT' rang in Mark's background.

"I don't know, we thought you guys were asleep," Johnny shrugged.

More inaudible words could be heard in the background which Johnny suspects are the dreamies, followed by phone grabbing and stealing.

"We're on our way!" Renjun announced before hanging up.

Johnny stared at his phone in confusion.

"Why what's up?" Chaerin asked, popping up at his side.

"The guys are coming,"

Chaerin raised an eyebrow at this which Johnny responded with a shrug.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010