nineteen

"What? What do you mean?" Ten asked, whipping his head in her direction.

"Leave it to me," Chaerin spoke with confidence and determination. "Trust me just this once, I'll bring them home,"

"What? Taeyong tell her no," Ten argued.

"Let her do it," Johnny said, which made the members look at him in confusion.

"I would never risk their safety and I would never have spoken up if I wasn't confident," She told Taeyong, trying to plead her case.

"We have no time!"

Taeyong looked torn before handing her an earpiece.

The room was silent in shock.

"Take my car," Yuta adds, tossing her the car keys.

Chaerin looked in the eyes of Taeyong a silent promise before quickly leaving.

"What? Taeyong why did you?"

Taeyong shook his head silently and gestured over to the screen, which made Ten and Winwin go back to work.

"Kun, lose them first then go back to headquarters, somebody else will pick them up," Ten then quickly switched channels before Kun could even utter a word.

"Xiaojun and Hendery go to your rendezvous point and get back to headquarters,"

"Mark back up is already here, I'll guide you through but you have to make it quick before more come,"

Ten then quickly opens up more windows tracking Chaerin.

"How is she going so fast?" Winwin asked, confusion lining his features. The blinking red light on the screen looked like it was teleporting around the screen.

More windows popped up showing the live CCTV footage. Yuta's black car entered the frame for a split second before swiftly exiting the frame.

Everybody's eyes widened while watching the screen.

Chaerin maneuvered through the streets of Seoul, with no need for direction as she already memorized the routes she helped plan with Ten and Winwin.

Ten directed the four in the building and informed them that they had to leave as quickly as possible while the rest of the members watch in astonishment due to Chaerin's driving.

"How- how can she drive like that?" Chenle asked in disbelief.

She drove with speed and yet every turn was calculated and clean.

"Two minutes," Chaerin informed Ten.

"You have to get out now, you'll have a 30-second window before they catch on," Ten said to Mark.

The four then hastily took care of the chaos that was rupturing in the building. Making sure not to lose the files that they had retrieved.

As they arrived at their rendezvous point, a black car quickly swooped in and they recognized it as Yuta's car. With mild confusion and no room to think they hastily entered the car.

"Chaerin? What the hell are you doing here?" The four shouted in shock.

"Buckle up, I'll explain later," Chaerin said, quickly shifting the gear and glancing at the rearview mirror.

She stepped on the gas, the car accelerating rapidly.

"How many?" She spoke calmly, focused on the task at hand.

"Two at the moment, two more on its way," Ten responded, "I'll guide you, be careful."

She sped through the alleyways, glancing at her side mirrors every so often. She saw that the car behind her was catching up so she quickly pressed on the gas, making a sharp turn to the left, entering the highway.

Chaerin made her way through the numerous cars that were all over the highway, switching lanes with frightening speed.

She had to lose them so she switched routes. She knew every road like the back of her hand so getting lost didn't worry her one bit.

A sharp turn was coming up and the members who were in the car almost shouted for her to slow down.

Chaerin lifted her handbrake, switched gears, and turned her steering wheel with ease, expertly drifting.

A crash behind her sounded as the car following her smashed into the railings.

Chaerin scoffed as she took a glimpse at the rearview mirror.

"How's the police?" Chaerin asked with not a hint of concern.

"I'm already taking care of it, don't worry," Ten responded.

She entered an alleyway that was narrow and filled with turns. The now three cars were following her with great difficulty as she kept on drifting for each turn.

When she began to lose them one by one due to collisions or just getting them confused due to how many turns she did, she entered the main highway once again.

"I don't need to guide you do I?" Ten scoffed in her earpiece.

"Not really," She smirked.

The members couldn't help but watch her dumbfounded, millions of questions plaguing their minds. Every move she made was filled with certainty and confidence they have never seen before.

The traffic light blinked yellow, counting down to red. Chaerin knew she couldn't take any chances and stepped on the gas, the speedometer dangerously looking like it was pushing its limits.

A gasp could be heard at the back while Mark who was sitting on the passenger seat looked at Chaerin in alarm.

She flashed her lights as the traffic light turned red and she drove through the intersection smoothly. That was one of Chaerin's hobbies at this point, running a red light.

After making sure they weren't being followed anymore, she drove back to their headquarters.

___________________________

exhilarating | mark leegabrielle_010

gabrielle_010