Trent Alexander-Arnold - home safe

the familiar smell of alcohol and cigarettes had filled the building that was full of drunk people. the sound of people singing and dancing with the speakers that where probably on the highest volume. it was difficult to tell what my friends where talking about when you almost can't even hear your own thoughts. i know for a fact that this is a nightmare for some, they get stressed or feel awful after being inside for a maximum of 10 minutes. but i like it, the sound of people singing along to the music and others sitting down laughing at their friend that is twice as drunk as them. i wasn't THAT big of a drinker, a couple of shots and some bottles of Smirnoff ice and other drinks in cups my friends would get me was enough. i'm happy tho that me and my friends don't get all weird when we drink, you know people that get overly clingy and loud for no reason. i guess you can't blame them for it but i still don't get it.
i found myself get out of my thoughts when my friend Maya reached over the table and grabbed my hand.
"y/n, we're kinda done with this party, are you coming?" she said looking into my eyes. Maya was like the mom of the group, she always made sure we where all okay and was like the glue in our friend group.
"uh yeah for sure" i said giving her a smile looking at my other friends who seemed to listen since they were looking at us.
i grabbed my purse and made sure i held my phone in my hand to not lose it on my way out.
Maya and Lily who sat opposite side of the table began making their way through the house. as i stood up and examined the table for anything that we could possibly have left without noticing Ebba who sat besides me linked her arm with mine.
"let's go because we might lose them" she said showing the way through the masses of people and spilled drinks on the sticky floor.
once outside in the front of the house we still heard the sounds of conversations muffled by the music.
"i think we should walk down the street to get to the shops and stuff."Lily said turning towards me and Ebba who just got out.
"we going shopping?" Ebba said making me and Maya laugh but Lily just did a mocking face.
"yeah you know obviously" making us all laugh together.
as we where walking down the street my arm was still linked with Ebba's. i looked at my lockscreen to see a message from Trent.

ᴍᴇssᴀɢᴇs
Trent❤️
i'm still up so call me and i can come get you❤️
sᴇɴᴛ 20 ᴍɪɴᴜᴛᴇs ᴀɢᴏ

i unlocked my phone and clicked to call him since i literally couldn't bother to text right now.
Trent HATE to talk on the phone but he's going to have to bare with me right now because i'm pretty sure it's impossible for me to for a sentence through text right now.
i put the phone up to my ear and heard two signals go before he picked up and i heard him clear his throat before he spoke.
"hey babe, everything good?"
"yeah i'm great we are almost at the bus stop right by the infamous burger shop if you could come get me" i said as we turned the corner around the last building of the street.
"of course, i'll be there in 5 minutes, are you alone?"he said as i heard a door close and keys scrambling on his end of the call.
"no i'm still with the girls, i'll wait by the street then"
"yup be safe baby, luv you" he said making be blush, gosh, good thing nobody knew since it was dark outside.
"love you too, bye" i said back ending the phone call right as we stood outside the famous burger place.
i don't even think i can count how many times we have gone here to get food after a party on night out.
"i'm starving, anybody else?" Ebba said making maya and Lily turn to us once we stood outside the door.
"i'm not feeling it y'all go ahead tho" Lily said moving to stand against the window pulling out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.
"me neither" i said standing next to her giving Maya and Ebba a smile once they made their way inside the building.
"it's a bad habit, you want one?" Lily said grabbing my attention as she put out her cigarettes for me to take on if i would like.
"no thank you" i said she nodded her head putting the pack away lighting the cigarette placed between her lips. i leaned my side against the wall next to Lily facing her as the white smoke left her mouth disappearing into the air.
"Trent on his way?" She said turning to me inhaling more of the toxic chemicals.
"yeah he's going to be here in a couple minutes" i said smiling at her seeing that she smiled at me almost looking for something in my eyes.
"you two are getting married one day and i better be the bridesmaid." she said as we both chuckled.
"i would hope so too." i said back looking at the few cars that drove past the street.
"ever since you introduced him for the first time at that dinner i just knew you were soulmates." she said looking out at the nightlights and back at me.
"really" i said raising my eyebrows.
"yeah really so don't be surprised the day he pops the question"she said blowing smoke in my direction.
"mMm thanks" i said sarcastically earning a laugh from her as i attempted to wave the smoke away.
our laughing was interrupted by a car stopping at the bus stop honking. i looked over to see Trent wave at me to come over.
"i got to go i'll call you tomorrow okay" i said as she dropped the cigarette stepping on it.
"yeah for sure" she said hugging me.
as we broke apart and i started walking away i turned my head to her saying bye and waving a little.
i got to the car door on the passenger side and pulled it open sitting down in the seat.
"hey beautiful" he said leaning over kissing me giving my thigh a squeeze.
"hey thanks for picking me up" i fixed myself in my seat putting the seatbelt on.

the roads were almost empty with only a car every now and then mainly being taxis that probably had drunk people in them about to get home.
the night sky was dark. no stars, only the moon made and appearance far far away in the distance.
"how's the party?" Trent said breaking the comfortable silence in the car.
"it was good, nothing special really but you know always fun to hangout with the right people."
i turned my attention from the street outside to Trent who sat in the driver's seat smiling, one hand on the steering wheel and the other on his leg.
i reached over and wrapped my hand over his free hand giving it a slight squeeze.
"i love you Trent you know that right?" i slurred a little on my words even tho you could clearly tell what i said.
he chuckled and grabbed my hand that i had just placed on top of his hand he brought it up to his face giving it a kiss not breaking eye contact with the road.
"is it the alcohol talking right now love?" he chuckled just as he pulled up in his driveway parking his car.
"no i just love you so much and i don't feel like i say it enough." he turned the engine of and turned to look at me.
even tho it was dark i could still se his beautiful smile and those beautiful brown eyes i once feel in love with and still do.
i rested the side of my head against the car seat getting lost in his dark eyes.
the feeling of his big warm hand resting against my face, his thumb moving slowly over my cheekbone made a warm feeling go down my spine.
"i love you." his voice almost not over a whisper with a slight rasp, just like it sounds in the morning after he wakes up.
"come on now we should probably be going inside by now don't you think?" he mumbled but a little louder this time smirking at me, i chuckled at his comment rolling my eyes reaching for the door handle pushing the door open.
"what a way to ruin a moment Trent." i exhaled in annoyance to mess with him which he probably understood since he laughed.

i found myself standing at the doorstep looking out at the the driveway where Trents mercedes was parked.
he closed the door and the lights on the car blinked which i assume meant that he locked it.
he approached the steps and kept one hand in his pocket fiddling with the keys in the other.
then he was stood right in front of me, extremely close looking down at my face. not that he is so much taller then me but a 15cm difference is enough let's face it.
i reached my hands up behind his neck letting them rest comfortable there, i had lost count of how much i did that a long time ago.
his lips just looked to inviting in that moment that i couldn't care less if i creased my shoes when i tried to get to his hight to kiss him.
the kiss was just long enough but soft, not a lot of pressure against his warm soft lips. ugh i would probably kiss him all day if i could.

"babe can we get inside the house it's getting late" we both chuckled at his comment after the kiss broke apart.
"open the door then, i don't have the keys" i sarcastically remarked but didn't move from where i stood with my arms still resting against his shoulders.
i moved to the side his eyes still following my movement but stood in the same position until he stepped forward twisting the key in the door lock a smile plastered on his face.

we both stood in his bedroom now but he had walked over to one side placing his phone on the nightstand plugging in the charger.
i let out a heavy breath and let my hands rub down my face. it was late and i already knew that a headache was waiting for me tomorrow first thing in the morning.

"everything alright babe?" Trent said now standing in front of me again but his arms now wrapped around me.
his strong cologne was so mesmerizing and safe that i felt like i could get lost in it.
"yeah everything is perfectly fine" i looked up at him giving him a reassuring smile.
"okay then let's get ready for bed" he leaned down pecking my lips a couple times.

not to be sloppy but i can't believe it was possible to be this in love with someone.