chapter 10

third person pov:

it was a couple minutes past 3 pm when the entire group decided to meet up again where they first entered. everyone was tired, but still felt good about the activities of the day.

they quickly made it back to the house with everyone heading straight to their rooms for a small mid-afternoon nap. it seemed almost in an instant, the entire house was still, not a peep to be heard.

after about an hour, only a few members woke up, feeling refreshed, while others continued to sleep. those who did wake up, though, had to start preparing for the celebration that night.

as it was astraea's anniversary, the groups wanted to just be together and talk, play, eat, etc. with one another as opposed to going out.

the ones awake — asahi, doyoung, junghwan, yedam, haewon, and soojin — got started on the decorations. the boys were very adamant in refusing to let the two girls help out decorating as "it was their party." so, the two headed to the kitchen to decide on a menu and pick out necessary ingredients. the problem, however, was that feeding sixteen people with different preferences was going to be hard. all they could seem to agree on was to grill meat and make ramen (which, even then, was debatable as they had already had it the night before).

after about an hour, all but 4 people were awake. those four being junkyu, mashiho, haruto, and yoshi. once again, the newly awoken members split themselves up to help with decorations and cooking.

seeing hyunsuk and jihoon walk into the kitchen, haewon and soojin looked up and greeted them.

"hey oppas"

"hey haewonie! what are y'all up to?"

"we're trying to decide on our menu tonight but it's proving to be a little difficult." soojin explained.

"ahh i get you. it's so hard for our members to decide what they wanna eat when we're together that we just end up getting our own food." jihoon replied, slightly laughing to himself.

"what have you decided so far?"

"we're gonna grill meat and probably make ramen for sure. everything else? i don't know." haewon shrugged.

"so far, all we've done is prepare the vegetables." soojin added, letting out a sigh.

both hyunsuk and jihoon let out a chuckle at their helpless state. the two pulled out a chair and sat beside the two girls, also thinking about what to eat.

"how about we make some fried rice?"

"hmm but we had bibimbap last night"

"yeah, but you can never have too much rice. we bought some shrimp, squid, and a bunch of other seafood. shiho and i can cook it." jihoon explained.

and as expected, the other three were quickly convinced by his argument.

"alright, what else?" soojin continued.

"what about soft tofu stew?" hyunsuk said.

"we didn't buy any tofu yesterday."

"it's alright. i can run to the store and get anything we need." haewon added.

"alright then, we have our menu. thanks oppas, y'all are life savers. haewon and i would've been at it for another hour had y'all not been here." soojin spoke, getting up from her seat to start preparing.

it took the four of them another 10 minutes to put together a small grocery list. haewon was on her way out when she heard hyunsuk yell out to her.