chapter 7

third person pov:

it had only been a few days since they started dating but to them, it felt like they had been together for years.

maybe because they had always acted like a couple anyway and it just felt right or maybe it was because they had been in their own little utopia that made time seem faster than it actually was.

whatever it was, they were happy. truly, genuinely happy.

they were together as much as they could, which wasn't very often, but they made sure to set time for each other.

the only obstacle (besides their conflicting schedules) was the members. on the day of their confessions, they had agreed to keep their relationship to themselves for a little bit.

it wasn't that they were worried to tell them because of their reactions, in fact, they were certain the members would be more excited than they were once they found out the two of them were dating.

it wasn't because they didn't trust or hid secrets from the members either because believe me, they loved their members more than anything.

it was more because they wanted to enjoy this time for themselves. they wanted to stay in their little utopia for as long as possible and felt that if they moved too fast in their relationship, it would break apart. they wanted to enjoy it and take it in, just the two of them.

so, they ultimately decided to keep it a little secret between the two of them for a while before telling the members, who were definitely going to tease them 24/7 once they find out.

but, for now, they were content. it wasn't too difficult to hide it from the members. they had always been close and no one questioned it.

everyone was used to seeing them holding hands or hugging each other or always being together. so nothing really changed between them and the members. the only real difference was that they would hold the kisses off until they were alone.

it was just another day at the company. they didn't have any schedules so all the members opted to go practice together.

all of astraea were in a practice room together, just dancing or singing whatever they pleased. a few hours passed before their manager came into the room with lunch.

as they ate they were informed by the manager about their upcoming vacation plans.

"we have set the dates that you all will be gone and when you will come back. all of you will be leaving for jeju island on march 12. we've booked a beach house for all 16 of you to stay in but don't worry, it's very spacious so there should be no issues about rooms or anything like that. astraea's 2nd anniversary is on the 13th so you all may celebrate any way you want. if you would like the company to provide something for you, you may call it in as well. jihoon's birthday will be the 14th and again, you all can celebrate however you want. as we've told you all, the trip will be two weeks, so you all will be returning the 26th. this is perfect as you all will also get to spend mashiho's birthday on vacation as well. it's your last day, so having a celebration seemed like a good idea. then, on the 26th you all will catch a flight back and resume your normal lives."

the members nodded along, showing their understanding. everyone was really excited as they learned of the plans and the approaching date of departure.

"i suggest you all start packing today because your flight is in two days. we've also already informed treasure of our plans, so you all can pack and plan accordingly." with that, the manager left the practice room to let them finish lunch and share all the fun ideas they had planned for the trip.

fast forward to day of departure:

everyone woke up that morning with far more energy than usual. the two groups had packed their bags rather quickly once they found out the plans and couldn't stop talking about the amount of fun they would have on this trip.

that morning, they all met in the lobby of their dorm building, all packed up and ready to go. they were dressed in casual attire, wanting to feel comfortable on the plane even though it was a short flight.

this energy that surrounded both groups never faltered on the way to the airport or even in the airport. and before they knew it, they were seated in the plane, ready to take off.

haewon seated herself next to mashiho, feeling happy that they could spend the next hour-ish together. these days, they couldn't meet up often but they were determined to make up the lost time with this vacation.

"are you excited?" mashiho asked, grabbing haewon's hand that was situated on the armrest between them.

she nodded excitedly, showing off a huge smile that mashiho loved oh so much.

"i'm glad we get a break after so long. both our groups and the two of us." haewon added, looking a mashiho and giving his hand a little squeeze.

mashiho then looked around the two of them for a few seconds, scanning their surroundings. it was a risky move and he knew it. not only were the members there, but other passengers too. however, he just couldn't resist, so with one last glance, mashiho quickly leaned in and placed a small peck on haewon's lips.

she was startled initially, but was more happy than worried that someone would see. without exchanging anymore words, she intertwined their hands together, brought his hands to her lips, and placed a small peck on there too.

not many words were exchanged during the flight, but everything felt just perfect.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

happy (kinda late) yedam day! 🤍

it's actually still the 7th where i'm at so yedam day isn't over yet! i'm sorry this chapter was a bit rushed and i was gonna write more but decided against it. i've been so busy with exams that i haven't had time to write.  >_<

however, i'm almost done with school and i think by summer, this book will be completed. always remember to stay hydrated and stay happy.

take care 💜