chapter 6

third person pov:

two weeks. it has been an agonizing two weeks since the last time mashiho and haewon talked. part of it may have been because they were busy and part of it may be because haewon is avoiding him.

it only really took her a week to figure out what she wanted. and what she wanted was to be with him, to call him hers. cause fuck everyone and everything else, all that mattered was that they were both happy. and she was, no doubt, more than happy with him.

the only problem? she was hella nervous. how was she supposed to tell him. aren't these things supposed to be romantic? she couldn't just pull him to the side a random day and confess. it had to be more special than that. he deserves more than that.

so, here she was, still hadn't talked to him in over two weeks because there was just never the right time. she was too worried about confessing that she ended up ignoring him. it's not like she had any time to meet up with him anyway and that killed her inside.

mashiho, on the other hand, was slowly starting to give up hope. of course, as he said, he gave her time to think and to verify her feelings (or lack thereof) for him. but, as the weeks pass, he started thinking that she was leaning more towards the 'reject' option.

it didn't help that she was ignoring him either. they barely saw each other and when they did, she barely spared a glance at him.

although he didn't want to admit it, he knew deep down that she may not have felt the same. and that crushed him.

since the moment haewon got up, she felt an odd vibe from today. it wasn't bad, in fact, it was a really good vibe, where it seemed like everything would go right today.

she was on the way to the company as both groups, treasure and astraea, were called in to discuss some things.

she glanced at the date, march 7, to see if maybe it was a birthday she forgot, but came up with nothing. it was just a normal day.

not too soon after, she got to the company and quickly headed towards the meeting room where everyone was waiting.

to her luck, she quickly glanced around the room to see that mashiho was sitting on the opposite end of the table from her, easing her nerves in just the very slightest.

"good morning you all!" the managers said as they walked into the room.

"we'll make this quick so you all can get back to what you were doing, but we have a special announcement for you all!" they continued.

"we're sending y'all on vacation!" they announced, earning cheers and applause from the two groups and the staff members.

"both groups have worked really hard these past couple months, so the company has decided to let you all wind down and relax." the manager paused for a couple seconds before continuing.

"this will be just for you all to have fun, so no cameras, no content, nothing. just have fun. additionally, you all will get to decide most of your vacation. we know both groups are close so we can plan a vacation for all 16 of you together or you can choose to go on individual vacations. it doesn't really matter to us, we just ask that you let us know as soon as possible so we can work out all the details. the vacation will be two weeks long and you all will be given that time to do or go anywhere you'd like."

after they finished talking, nobody said much. they were all too into thought to voice any of them aloud.

however, the silence was broken when hyunsuk started speaking. "to be honest, i don't mind having a vacation with all 16 of us." he said, throwing the idea out into the open for anyone else to add their input.