Need You Now

I felt his gaze on me and i spun around. I took a step, wanting to leave the hotel, but Jordan stood in front of me.

"Where are you going?"

"You take me to the place i want to be at the least so i obviously have to leave. Some best friend."

I stepped to the right. Jordan blocked me. Stepped to the left. Jordan blocked me.

"Look, neither of us are gonna get anything from staying here. So let's just go somewhere else!"

"Where?"

"Anywhere but here!"

"Chelsea told me to get you here, she wanted you to come see this. To come see him."

"Well it won't make a difference to her either."

"Then do it for me."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?"

"Look, you have no idea how jealous i am about the person you like liking you back, so-"

"Jordan, Jason does not like me."

"How are you so sure?"

"I just... know."

"Then prove it."

"How?"

"By staying and seeing what happens."

At that time, i was so confident that Jason didn't like me. In fact, i thought he despised me. I thought the act at school was just a show to get me back.

I sighed and sat down at a small, round table. Jordan sat at the opposite.

"If nothing happens then you are buying me lunch. For a month."

Jordan nodded with a smile and at that second, the lights dimmed the slightest bit and the spotlight was on the stage.

"Good evening people." Jason said casually. A few girls cheered at the back.

"Thank you for coming tonight, but it seems that we have a little problem."

The audience murmured a bit and Jason had an obviously fake frown on his face.

"As you can see," He gestured to the band members behind him. "We are missing our dear singer."

I rolled my eyes. Dear singer my foot.

'Where is she!' a female voice shouted from the back.

"She'll show up soon. Hopefully."

'Is it the good one or the bad one?' another voice asked.

Jason's lips curled into a smile. "You'll see."

I knew he didn't kick the girl out yet...

"But let's start the gig, shall we?" He turned around and reached for his guitar. Just before he started playing, he said, "We really need her in the middle of the song, so let's hope she shows up by then."

Typical Ania. Late, as always.

Alex started first. He played a note after note, and the song was recognizable after two seconds.

Then the three of them started playing together, then Jason started singing.

Funny, it was supposed to be a girl singing that part. Then came the chorus.

"It's a quarter after one, i'm all alone and i need you now. Said i wouldn't call but i've lost all control and i need you now."

Then for the second time that evening, Jason looked at me as he sang the next lines.

"And i don't know how i can do without, i just need you now."

He kept staring at me, and i just checked my phone to break the eye contact.

But when i looked up again, he was still looking at me as he continued singing. His eyes looked like they were pleading, like Banana saying sorry after biting someone.

And then after the verse he slowly walked towards me. He knelt and held out his hand while singing the chorus.

Oh. I get it. He needed two guitars on the bridge of that song. Smart thinking, jackass.

The crowd was murmuring behind once again, like they were wondering who Jason was holding his hand out to.

I had to think quick. The bridge was coming soon. My brothers were looking at me, like they were expecting me to get on stage.

Then i thought, screw this.

I took the idiot's hand and he pulled me up on stage like i weighed nothing. I snatched my guitar off the floor and started playing.

The crowd started cheering loud. Wow they really missed me huh!

I missed this too. The jamming. The singing. The cheering and all the adrenaline. I missed it so much that the fact that it was happening at that second seemed too good to be true.

And for the first time in a long time, i felt insanely happy and i smiled like an idiot.

Then the bridge came and i sang with Jason. Like old times.

And then we finished the rest of the song and got the best applause ever.

I was panting. Panting hard. So hard i was afraid i could have asthma. But who cares.

Then i was suddenly surrounded by arms squeezing me and i tried to push them off.

"Guys? Guys get off."

"We missed you!!" The three of them shouted in unison and squeezed me tighter. The crowd laughed as my ribs were getting crushed.

They finally let go and were all smiling at me.

"So are ya back in?" Leo asked excitedly.

I nodded without hesitation and Leo wrapped me in a bear hug.

"People, we have her back!" He shouted and the crowd cheered again.

"Come on Leo, let go," i said, laughing. "We've got a gig to finish."