I Quit.

"Oh gosh," I say, rushing to keep my guitar in its case.

I opened my door slowly and peered outside. The three boys were already home, but Ania wasn't.

Jason was sitting on the couch, with his face buried in his hands.

Did something happen?

I closed the door and looked at Jordan.

"Is everyone outside?"

"No," I replied. "Everyone but Ania. I think she's running late."

And right at that moment, we heard Ania's voice through the door.

"Hi guys! I'm back!"

Oh sheesh. We should've gone earlier! Now i was afraid of Ania finding a way to get my voice. Again. For the third time.

I was pacing the floor with my guitar slung over my shoulder.

"Well it seems like Ania's here already."

He looked at me and noticed me panicking. "Hey Ashley, what's wrong?"

"We can't go out there."

"Why not? There's nothing to be afraid of."

"There's everything to be afraid of! Alex might force me to stay. Plus Jason's out there! And A-"

I stopped myself. I couldn't tell anyone about Ania taking my voice.

"And..?"

"And...uhhh..." I tried to think of an excuse." And Leo might force me to stay too!"

"Ohhkayy... But come on. We'll do it in the end so why not now?"

He was right. Hiding in here was stupid. I had to face it. I nodded and i opened the door.

The first thing i saw was absolutely horrifying.

Jason and Ania were sitting together on the couch, except there was no gap anymore.

Ania had her bare legs on Jason's lap and her arm around his neck. And they were both looking at me like i was a pest.

"Ashley?"

I turned to my left and Leo had his arms wrapped around me instantly.

When he finally let go, he asked "Where have you been? We've been worried sick!"

I shrugged and pointed at Jordan.

"I've been stayin at his place with Chelsea."

"And you got your voice back too!"

We laughed, but i couldn't stop thinking about it. Why was Ania sitting like that? Why did Jason let her?

And were they together?

But my train of thought was broken by Jason's voice.

"Why did you just run away like that?"

"I have my reasons," I replied coldly, without meeting his eyes.

"Plus," I continued, looking at Leo. "You said before that this apartment was strictly just for jammers."

Leo looked confused. "Are you saying you quit?"

"Yeah... That's why i left in the first place."

"What? Why??"

"I have my reasons," I repeated.

"Well at least tell us first." Jason said from behind me. "Leaving without officially quiting... How typical."

"Fine, Jason." I replied in an obviously pissed off tone. "I officially quit this band. What do i have to do now, sign some stupid contract?"

"Hey, relax." Jordan said beside me.

I whispered an apology and Leo looked at me.

"Sis... Why are you doing this?"

'To make sure that Ania wouldn't do anything to you. Or anyone else. I'm doing this for you.'

That's what i wanted to say. But because Ania was sitting just opposite the room, I didn't.

It hurts. The feeling that you can't do anything but hurt people around you and yourself, it hurts.

I had to bite my tongue so tears wouldn't flow out.

"I just have to."

I was about to leave when i said something else.

"Ania can have my room. She's a jammer now." I forced the words out of my mouth.

I turned to leave with Jordan following me and i couldn't take it anymore. I had been feeling Ania's heavy stare since i walked out my bedroom door, and i turned to look at her.

Her crimson lips curled into a smile and she mouthed something to me.

'Good girl.'