A Different Practice.

"Spaghetti stripes."

"Translucent shirt."

"Bare belly."

"How much?"

"3 dollars."

My brothers and i were betting on what Ania would be wearing that day for practice. We've been doing it for a few days now, and i've been on the winning so far.

"It's not fair!" Leo complained."You're a girl and you would know better!"

"It doesn't matter as long as i get my bucks!" I replied on my talker with a smirk.

My voice was improving. I knew because my throat wasn't burning as much anymore. It would only be days before i could return... The thought excited me.

Then, as if on cue, Ania walked into our apartment/practice studio.

Her heels were so high it looked like she was tiptoeing at her limit. Her skirt was so short it could hardly be considered as a piece of clothing and her black locks were let down with a ridiculous flower at the side of her head. Where were we, Hawaii?

And as a top she wore...a bare belly.

"Pay up you nerds." my talker commanded as six dollars came into my hand.

"I'm not gonna play this game anymore..." Alex grumbled. "Like seriously, you took three quarters of my lunch money."

"Its not my fault you wanted to play!"

Ania put her Coach bag on the couch, pulled out a mirror and started examining her make up-coated face.

'Oh my god,' I wanted to shout. 'This is jam practice not a modelling audition.'

And i would've shouted it but Jason's entrance stopped me.

Ania went skipping in his direction instantly. The three of us were watching her, like we were visualizing her tripping over her own heels and sliding on our tile floor.

She didn't.

I rolled my eyes.

"How can she even walk in public wearing that?"

"Well for starters, she's a girl," Leo joked.

I play punched him in the shoulder.

Then practice started.

So far i didn't have to play electric guitar for the band, but i stayed awake for practice anyway. Because since i had my throat problem, i had a note from the hospital saying i couldn't go to school for two weeks. But since practice was in our apartment, i stayed awake in case they needed me to play.

Then halfway through a song, our door busted open.

And when the door opened, a cold wind blew and Ania's shirt flew up. My mouth dropped. She caught me looking at her. She dropped the microphone and yanked down the back of her shirt

"Good afternoon beautiful people!" Jordan had sung as he swang from the door frame. But i didn't concentrate on him. Ania turned her head and stared at me. The three guys said "hey lunatic" in unison. But i didn't concentrate on them.

I was staring at her now covered lower back. I was glaring at it, actually.

Jordan came over. "Hey. Ashley?" The rest of the guys noticed my expression too.

"Ashley. Ashley what's going on? Ania?"

Ania had gone frozen too. There was a look of fear in her eyes.

I was angry. But i held it in. I clenched my fist so hard my fingernails dug into my palm and drew blood.

"Woah. Ashley what are you doing stop it!" Jordan reached to hold my wrists but i shook him off. Ania's expression worsened when she saw the blood. With the look on her face, it looked like she was thinking 'Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit.'

My emotions were overwhelming. I stood up from my chair and Ania stumbled back. First time she tripped on her heels.

And for the first time in the week i found my voice.

I glared into Ania's eyes with absolute hatred.

"You."