𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗵 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 ❦

╔═══════════════╗
𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮-𝙤𝙣𝙚
╚═══════════════╝

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫ bloom - the paper kites ♫☽༓・*˚⁺

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

      What was once a quiet church, a place where the religious folk of Westham could gather to celebrate their beliefs, was now a "courtroom," a place where life-changing decisions were to be made. Long, wooden tables had been moved in front of the pews, as to be used by the defense and the prosecution. Rose-Mary's designated spot in the building as the makeshift stenographer was at a plastic desk next to the stage, where a laptop was opened up to a blank word document and a cold glass of water awaited her arrival.

      The entire situation was terrifying. Rose-Mary had only ever watched trials on Law and Order. She wasn't even old enough to serve Jury Duty; and, now, here she was, playing a significant role in a murder trial.

      The air was unusually frigid as the youngest Holbrook clicked her heeled boots against the wooden tiles of the church, nervously picking at the sleeve of her maroon sweater. Gordie, playing the part of the prosecutor, was already there when she arrived, setting his evidence down at his respective table. He appeared unhinged, as if he hadn't slept in days. After all, who had? The disheveled boy's head perked up at the sound of Rose-Mary's shoes, sending her a warm yet anxious smile. Her heart ached solemnly for the boy. Gordie had lost the girl he had been in love with since Junior High, and the memory of her blinding smile and infectious laughter still lingered in his mind, like it did in many others.

      The rest of the students filed in shortly after the blonde girl, a quiet chatter hanging in the air. Harry was among this group of students, and he quickly took notice of his girlfriend's uncomfortable state. She sat in the creaky wooden chair at the front of the church, taking down the glass of water at an alarming speed. She looked back into the pews, where she met Harry's stare, immediately making the daunting situation a little bit easier. This cocky, immature, spoiled teenage boy affected Rose-Mary in ways she could never imagine. Likewise, this stubborn, dramatic, prissy teenage girl could make Harry Bingham fall to his knees in an instant. She was his weakness. He hated everyone and everything in the world, but the girl that sat in front of him, with all of her stubbornness and dramatics, made his life worth living.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

      "Hello," Allie spoke into the microphone as she sat on stage, gathering the attention of the audience. "So, um...I think when you go something for the first time, part of you thinks that you're just pretending. Like, I'm not this person, I'm just putting on the clothes. And, this is so weird. I mean, we've all seen it on TV, but...Actually, I think that just makes it worse."