007

"Alabanza
Alabanza a doña Claudia, señor
Alabanza, alabanza"

"AlabanzaAlabanza a doña Claudia, señorAlabanza, alabanza"

___________________________

Silence was the only thing between Katherine, her aunts and her family. It was the only thing left after the ambulance took Claudia away. They all knew what was coming but didn't want to believe it, especially Katherine. She called her two girls earlier to tell them the news and both ran to the hospital to give their friend a hug.

Toni and Silva knew very well how much Claudia meant to Kat ever since day one of her life in Washington Heights. She welcomed her with open arms, ready to talk about her mother, father and everything the young girl wanted to know. Claudia even had a special nickname for her. Mariposa. Mariposa meant butterfly which was also Regina's favorite animals. The thought of losing Abuela Claudia made Katherine to shudder. It was the last thing she wanted.

Silva and Toni went over to hug their friend showing her that she wasn't alone in this situation. Because they knew how it felt to loose somebody important. All three did. Silvia lost her little brother due to cancer when she was 8 years old. Antonia lost her father and grandmother due to a plane crash when they were flying back from Puerto Rico. And Katherine? She lost her mother due to a car crash when she was 5 years old. Everyone of them lost somebody close and this was one thing their friendship was based on. Support.

[Music starts]

(ANTONIA)

You can have a friend get their heart broke
And you can be there when they need it most, but
You won't be the one falling off the deep end

(SILVIA)

You can have a friend lose somebody close
And you can be there when they need it most, but
You won't be the one having trouble sleeping

(SILVIA AND ANTONIA)

Somebody loses their somebody every day

The three girls held their hands together and made their way towards Claudia's apartment.

(SILVIA)

But you'll never really know what it's like
'Til you wake up to some real bad news

(KATHERINE)

You'll never really know how it feels
'Til it happens to you

(ANTONIA)