Percabeth Fluff and Angst

Third person-

Percy shifted his grip on the steering wheel. He was nervous. No, not nervous, he was freaking out. It's Valentines day tomorrow, or, today. Because it's 2 o'clock in the morning and Percy's driving to Annabeth's house to do something nice before she wakes up. 

But he's stuck in traffic and he only has two hours left before she'll wake up for her morning jog, when she'll stop off and buy a doughnut or two and then she'll go home and then she'll go to Percy's and he won't be there- He stopped dead. Not literally, his thought's stopped. He sighed. If he can get Annabeth to leave the house, and not come back without going to his apartment, then he'll have extra time! 

All these thought's where stopped when his phone started wringing. Leo. Leo? Percy slowly reached over. Yeah, it's illegal, but no ones watching. Percy grabbed his phone, answering and putting in on speaker.

"Was up Leo?" (Lets just say for the sake of the plot Percy and Annabeth stayed in Manhattan for a bit and Calypso's back from her studying thingie) "Um, nothing much." Percy could tell by his tone he was not alright.

Percy drove ford's on the green light, about a meter before stopping again. "Spit it out?" "What?" "Leo." "What?" "Leo." "What?!" "Come on man!" Percy groaned. "Just tell me, I'm kinda bit busy." "Oh, doing what?" Leo asked cheekily. Percy could see his smirk.

"Preparing for my girlfriend-" "WHAT!?" "NO NOT LIKE THAT-!" "AHAHAHAHAHA!" Percy banged his head on the top of the wheel. "Shut up Leo." Leo suddenly went deadly quiet. "Okay we good." "When where we not good?" "When Calypso came in." "Ooooh! So this is about her!" Silence.

"Well bro, you called the wrong guy." Percy admitted, drumming his fingers on the wheel, thanks ADHD. "How'd you get Annabeth so happy all the time? She loves you!" Percy went quiet, chewing the inside of his mouth. "Um, I dunno man. I guess, well... she didn't like me to start-" "Me and Cally are dating." "Riiiiiight. Well, try kissing her-" "Done that. And don't even say sex Jackson... we got that covered." Percy choked.

Percy thought for a moment. At one point in his relationship he'd tried to act cooler, smarted, hotter, braver, than he actually was. That nearly ruined his relationship with Annabeth. "Just be yourself man. She's not like with for your muscle- if there's any-" "Ouch." "-Maybe it's a plus-" "Thanks." "Hey, no problem. But, ah, I dunno! She didn't date you because your good looking, that's just add..." "Didn't she try date your for your looks?"

"Gods Leo do you want my help!" "Yes!" "Then shush." He shushed. "Just be you. Make her something, maybe burn it a bit because that's your whole vibe- WAIT!" "What?" "Set up a cute little dinner thingie! Or break fast-" Percy glanced at the clock. "Shit shit shit-" "What?" "Nothing. Anyway, with candles, and fancy food, and fluffy chair's. Be an idiot but nothing to far, make her laugh, make her smile, make her forget to worries- in a good way. Just make her remember why she left that island with you Leo. And if all fail's, Big Boy Supreme will find another girl." Leo was quiet for a moment. "Thank's Percy." "No problem. What else are friends for?" 

Leo chuckled. "Well, I better go set up our 'romantic breakfast'." Leo said sarcastically. "Okay, good luck!" Leo hung up.

Percy sighed. "I'm so dead." He mumbled, honking his horn, knowing it would do no good. But something he'd said stuck with him. He glanced back at all the supplies in the back of his car he'd been saving to buy. Sure, Annabeth would most probably- hopefully- like the idea he was going for, but, Percy would probably forget Valentines, Percy would come up with something last minute, something cute, and random, but special.

Percy glanced out his window at the Empire State Building. A slow smile spread across his lip's.

He dumped his car, and ran down the road.