Percabeth || Bottled Up Emotions || Edited

~"~"~"~Third Person~"~"~"~

Percy was having a nightmare, again. 

He struggled in the bed, the sheet's wrapped around his leg's, he'd thrown his pillow off the bed, his clothes stuck to him like a second skin with sweat. 

Annabeth woke up with a gasp, as Percy thrashed next to her. Panic blinded choked her, what's going on? Is he- Then she realised, internal pain over taking her. She called his name and tried to shake him awake, not wanting him to suffer, not alone at least.

She felt like the shadows around the room were mocking her, snaking around her, burning eyes gazing at her but every time she looked at them they disappeared.

But Annabeth refused to stop, shaking Percy hard, he pushed her off, crying... he was stuck in his nightmare, blind to her call's...

We were sliding toward's the edge. Riptide's to far to reach without letting go, and isn't appearing in my pocket, my front getting scratched and bloodied up, but how can I care right now-? The dream jumped. 

"-Promise Nico!" Percy called up to the son of Hades. 

Nico only gave him a sad, happy smile, Percy's grip tightened around Annabeth's wrist in panic, no. "Nico-!" "Sorry Percy. But I can't do that. You don't deserve friend's." His voice doesn't sound like Nico's, and it sounded actually sorry, like he really wanted to, but just couldn't... he sounds like Luke. Nico momentarily flashed to Percy's old frenemy, the scar, the hair, the smirk, the pain in his eyes as he kills himself for his friends... his family...

Nico-Luke?- turned his back on the couple, no one else came. Forgotten. Undeserving. Useless. 

Percy let go of the ledge. So Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus with no hope of ever seeing their friend's again.

The dream skipped again, Percy couldn't decide if this is a good thing or not. 

Arachne hovered over Annabeth, a hungry look in her eyes, not a good thing! 

Percy lunged- Time seemed to slow, Arachne's pincer's clicked slowly, yet deafening, Annabeth looked over her shoulder in confusion- just as the pincer's clamped around her head.

She screamed, her scream piercing the air like a hot knife through butter as blood gushed from her skull, her cry in pain and despair slicing through Percy's panic- But Percy couldn't move. 

Poison was edging it's way up his body, burning him as was it went in hot, singeing, life ending sections. 

"I'm sorry! Hold on Annabeth! I'm com-" He looked up, Annabeth was reaching for him, he reached back, Arachne's hand's wrapped around her neck... and then she crumbled to dust.

In the background Bob was screaming in pain, Percy turned, able to move finally, but too late to save Annabeth. 

It felt so real, the air, the poison, the guilt, as Percy watched Bob struggle as Tartarus defeated him, all the monster's around them were dead, the Door's of Death disappeared in a flash of blinding purple. 

Bob was getting too slow. Small Bob lay, dying nearby, slowly bleeding from cut, as monster's crowded around him, some still crawling around, but scratched and minorly wounds, the kitten hadn't gone without a fight.