We had just finished the Nightengale 'ceremony', and we had gathered in the middle of the room.

"So, what now?" I asked.

"Well, Lass, before you arrived to, well, this, Karliah and I had a long chat, and we came to a decision." Brynjolf said, trying to hide a smile.

I gave him a confused look.

"We would like you to become the new guild master."

I opened my eyes wide and grew a huge smile. I hugged him, and whispered a small "Thank you." In his ear.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Karliah had told us where Mercer was hiding out, and we had been on our way. We snuck onto a bridge-like thing, and we had noticed something.

"Look, its Mercer!" I said to the two.

"He knows we're here. We have no choice. Im so sorry, Moon, but we have to kill Mercer." Karliah spoke quietly.

My heart dropped in my chest.

"I figured that would be the case." I replied. I knew it was for the best.

We continued through the cave, killing any Falmer that got in our way. We eventually made it to a hollowed out cavern that contained a huge statue. I noticed someone standing at the top of it, stealing the eyes.

"Karliah, you know you can't just drop in on me." The voice said.

Mercer.

"Mercer, stop." I yelled. He looked over at me and laughed.

"Ah, Moon. Ever since Brynjolf brought you to the guild, I knew there was something about you that had changed." Mercer said, voice laced with disgust.

"Mercer, this is personal. Don't bring Brynjolf into this."

"That is exactly what I mean. Sneaking around with my best friend, hiding it from me, not listening, all of that. I knew that one of us was going to get stuck behind the others blade. So, lets settle it." Mercer replied. He broke a few pipes that were near him, and he drank an invisibility potion.

The room started filling with water. I had run up the stairs on the side of the statue as I noticed Mercer on a platform below.

"I can't believe i'm doing this." I said, upset.

I grabbed my sword, and jumped down. My sword plunged into Mercers back as I landed, killing him almost instantly. I quick grabbed the two Falmer eyes, his necklace, and anything else I could grab before the water rose too high.

The water filled the room in less than 5 minutes. The three of us managed to find an escape just above the Falmer statue. We left the cavern, and we were led out to a snowy mountain top.

We all sat down for a few minutes. I had sat away from Karliah and Brynjolf. Everything came rushing back, and I had felt numb.

I killed my own brother.

I noticed Brynjolf had sat next to me. I didn't want to look him in the eye. I couldn't bear too.

"Lass, are you okay?" He asked.

I lost it.

I leaned into his shoulder and just cried.

First, I get arrested for something I didn't do, I almost get killed by a dragon, my brother hates me, and now he's dead.

Brynjolf held my hand and kissed my forehead.

We sat like that for a little while. We watched the sunset from the mountain top, our hands still intertwined.

"Lass, we should probably head back to the guild." Brynjolf said with a sad smile. I nodded, and we all went on our way.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Mercer is dead."

Cheers erupted from everywhere around us. I even heard a few "woohoo"s.

"Lass, we did it." Brynjolf said as he turned to me with a huge smile.

"We really did!"

He looked down at me with a loving look. I had been smiling like a kid. He lightly grabbed my face and turned it to him. He cupped the side of my face. Butterflies erupted in my stomach.

"Lass... can I-"

Before he had the chance to finish talking, I had pulled his head down and pressed my lips to his. I had been waiting for this for so long. I felt him smile and melt into the kiss.

Even louder cheers erupted in the guild. Brynjolf interlaced our fingers.

"Vex, you owe me $200!" I heard Delvin yell. I laughed, causing us to break apart.

"Bryn, I-"
"Moon, I-"

"Here's some mead! Drink up!" A drunk Rune said, stumbling over and handing us each mead.

I giggled a little, noticing how drunk he was.

"Well, I'm going to head back to my room. Goodnight." I said to Brynjolf with a smile. I had gotten back to my room, and noticed a not sitting on my nightstand.

You still owe me the date on the roof of the temple of Mara, lass.

Meet me there at midnight.

-B

I smiled as I put the note in my pocket. I noticed it was already 11:50, so I headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

UGH i love this chapter so much