"Lass....? I have something to tell you." I heard from behind me.

I instantly recognized the voice, and turned around.

"Yeah Bryn?"

"I like you, Moon."

My heart exploded.

"You really like me?" I replied, hoping the answer was a yes.

"You really think I would like you? I could never like you! You're only the sister of Mercer to everyone here. Nobody actually li-"

I shot up from my bed, gasping.

why did I dream that?

I was scared to talk to Bryn the rest of the day because what if everything he said in my dream was true? I finally had someone. I couldn't loose him already.

I got up from my bed and walked over to where Sapphire and Rune were sitting.

"Holy hell, what happened to you?" Sapphire asked.

"Seriously Moon, are you alright?" Rune added.

"I had a not-so good dream I guess you'd put it." I replied, sitting down.

"Tell us about it" They said in unison.

"Well, someone had told me they like me, and i was excited, but then he told me that he doesnt like me at all and all i am to him is the annoying little sister of mercer and-"

"Woah, woah, slow down. So this 'person' lied to you and said he liked you when he doesn't?" Rune asked.

I nodded.

"Do you like this person?"

"I don't know. All these feelings, I can't handle it!" I replied, tears filling my eyes.

The two hugged me, calming me down.

"Don't worry, it was just a dream. I'm pretty sure someone wouldn't say that." Rune said. He was amazing at calming me down.

"If you need anything, Rune and I are here." Sapphire chimed in, wearing a small smile.

I smiled back and got up. I had to go find Mercer and ask about my next job.

I wasn't paying attention when I ran into someone again.

"Lass, are you alright? You look like you got ran over by a bus-"

"I-I'm fine" I said, running away.

Brynjolf looked back at me in confusion.

(kinda a perspective switch)

Brynjolf walked over to where Sapphire and Rune were sitting, hoping they had some answers.

"Do you guys know why Moon is acting so weird...? She ran away from me-" He said, concerned.

"She said she had a bad dream about someone. She didn't specify who though" Sapphire answered.

Her and Rune shared a look, figuring out who the "someone" was.

"What? I know that look. You two are hiding something." Brynjolf said accusingly.

"What? Us? Never...." Rune giggled.

"Im gonna stick Mercer on you two if you don't speak up."

Their eyes widened in fear.

"Moon had a bad dream about a certain someone telling her that he likes her, but then lying about it. She's really upset and probably is avoiding you because she doesn't wanna be around people." Sapphire explained, convincingly.

Brynjolf's eyes widened.

was she dreaming about me? He thought.

He nodded and walked away, trying to find Moon.

(perspective switch back to Moon)

After everything, I still couldn't find Mercer, so I sat down on my bed in defeat. I curled up in Brynjolf's jacket, crying to myself. I had felt off ever since I woke up.

"Lass? Can I come in?" Brynjolf asked, standing outside the closed door.

I stood up to go open the door. As much as I didn't wanna face him, I knew I had to.

I opened the door, avoiding eye contact. He gave me a sad look, and held me in his arms. I started sobbing in his arms. I couldn't help it. I had gone through so much in the past few days, I couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Its okay, lass. Im here." Bryn said softly, placing his hand on the back of my head. I buried my head in his shoulder. He laid his head in my shoulder and slowly swayed back and forth.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. We eventually pulled away and I had let him into my room. I laid my head in his lap as he told me stories from his years in the guild.

Every time he spoke, I could see his eyes glitter. It made my stomach fill with butterflies. I ended up dozing off, my head still in his lap. I faintly remember him playing with my hair, and kissing my forehead, but I fell asleep slightly afterwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

UGH I LOVE THIS CHAPTER EEHEHEHEHEHEH