I had waken up to lots of yelling in the guild. I was going to see what was happening, until 2 people ran into my room.

"Mercer and Brynjolf are fighting" Rune said, out of breath. Sapphire was standing right behind him, a worried look on her face.

I got up and ran to where they were at. Mercer had Brynjolf on the floor, holding a dagger to his throat.

"Mercer, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" I yelled.

I kicked him off of Brynjolf. I don't know what was going on with Mercer, but lately, he's been a bitch.

Mercer walked away, muttering to himself. I helped Brynjolf up and I brought him to my room. He sat down on my bed and laid his head in his hands.

"Bryn? Are you alright?" I asked in a soft voice. I had no idea what their fight was about, but now wasn't the best time to ask.

"I could be better." He said, trying to lighten the mood. He put his hand on his chest, and I noticed blood on his hand.

"Take off your shirt, Bryn." I said, trying not to blush.

"Well if you wanted to do that, you could've just said so." He said with a devious smile.

Well, there goes my chance of not blushing.

"I- no! I meant because you have a gash on your chest and im gonna treat it." I replied, embarrassed.

He laughed and took off his shirt. My eyes widened.

Why does he have to be hot. This is unfair. I thought to myself.

I used the only healing spell I know to heal the gash. I felt his gaze on me, but I knew if I looked at him, things would end... differently.

"All done." I said with a small smile.

I felt his hand lightly grab my face, making me look at him. I saw him glance at my lips a few times, and felt my face heat up.

"Lass, I-"

All of a sudden, Rune burst through the door.

"Moon, Mercer wants to see y-" He said, realizing what he walked in on.

"Oh- uh- sorry, I'll talk to you later?" He said, embarrassed. He turned around, running straight into the door. He walked out of the room.

"I should... uh... go?" I said, getting up.

"Lass, if Mercer isn't giving you a job, meet me on the roof of the temple of Mara. If he is giving you a job, meet me there once your done." Brynjolf said, avoiding my gaze.

"Alright. I'll be there." I replied with a small smile.

I walked over to where Mercer was standing. He was leaning over his desk, disgust in his expression.

"Karliah." He said as if the name was forbidden.

"What?" I replied confused.

"She killed our own guild master in cold blood. She's the one buying these places, she wants to see us."

"Us?"

I was now worried. Why did she want me there too? I don't even know her for Talos' sake!

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not. We need to go to Snow Veil Sanctum. That's where she... she murdered Gallus." Mercer said, choking up at the last part.

Something felt really off about this. Mercer was not one to cry, so either he was faking it, or this really hurt him.

"Alright. When do you want to head out?" I asked.

"Now."

"I- alright." I responded. I quick grabbed my sword, and told Sapphire to tell Brynjolf where I was going.

We headed out, and Mercer was being extremely distant. We were about halfway there until I said something.

"Mercer? Are you okay? You've been really distant." I said. Even though he's an asshole, he's still my brother.

"Im fine, Moon. Although, you wouldn't know that because you've been spending all your time with Brynjolf." Mercer said.

I stopped right where I was.

"So that's what you're mad about? I can't spend any time with my friends now?" I yelled.

"Oh come on Moon, you know that is complete bullshit!" Mercer yelled back.

"Says you! You cant hold a relationship for more than 2 fucking months!"

"You've never even been in a relationship!"

"Fuck you, Mercer!"

"Fuck you, Moon!"

We went our separate ways. Luckily for me, I took the shorter way.
I finally got up to the place, somehow getting there at the same time as Mercer.

"This place reeks of death." Mercer said.

I nodded, and we carried on. We killed all the draugrs we found.

We walked to this one wooden door. Something felt really off, and my gut was telling me to run.

"Mercer, I really think we sh-"

"No, Moon. We're facing Karliah whether you like it or not." Mercer said, cutting me off.

I sighed and opened the door. I felt something pierce my chest, and I fell to the ground. I kept going in and out of consciousness, only realizing after what had happened.

I slowly slipped back into consciousness, and heard two faint voices.

"I'm impressed, Karliah. First Goldenglow, then, Honningbrew? You are quite impressive." Mercer said.

Karliah had said something back to him, but I couldn't quite make out what she said. All I heard was something about killing Gallus.

I saw Karliah disappear. I tried to sit up as Mercer walked over to me.

"Well, well, well. Look who fell into the trap. Y'know, I debated not killing you when this time came around, but showing me that I can't trust you around my friends, going behind my back with my best friend, I should've killed you a long time ago. Goodbye, Moon." Mercer said as he drew his sword.

"Mercer, no no no-" I croaked out, just as he stabbed me.

Everything faded out, and I swear I could see Sovengarde for a minute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

we all knew it was coming.

i also didnt feel like including the honningbrew quest and the whole gulum-ei thing because those quests annoy me