Noon finally came around, and Brynjolf was nowhere to be seen. I debated going by myself, but I decided to stay and wait.

I didn't want to die yet, just as things were getting good.

Soon enough, midnight rolled around. Just as I was walking away, I heard someone yelling.

"Lass, wait up!" Brynjolf yelled, out of breath.

"What took you so long?" I said, annoyed.

"What do you mean? Mercer told me you changed it to midnight-"

that little shit.

"No, I've been here since noon." I replied.

"Im so sorry lass. I had no idea." He said, sighing.

"Its alright, Bryn. My brother is an asshole anyways so its not unlike him."

"Bryn? I like it." He exclaimed, smiling.

I smiled and started walking.

We eventually got close to Goldenglow. I was slightly terrified, but Mercer wouldn't send me somewhere he knows would kill me... right?

"You okay, lass?" Brynjolf asked me.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I replied. Brynjolf hugged me. I smiled and hugged back.

We made our way down to the house, avoiding the swarm of mercenaries out back. We got through the door and managed to kill the few mercenaries.

We walked upstairs to look for this 'Aringoth' person. We split up, and went in two different rooms.

I didn't find anything but Black-Briar mead, and some salmon. I decided to go find Bryn when I heard a scream.

I ran towards the sound, seeming like forever. I eventually got there to see the 'Aringoth' guy on the floor, dead.

"Little shit tried to slit my throat. I did what I had to do." Brynjolf said.

I nodded and we walked out to the "main" room. I had been in front of him, just in case of any mercenaries.

Out of nowhere I got pulled away and pinned against a wall. I look in front of me, and Brynjolf was the one pinning me.

I felt my breath get hitched in my throat, and I froze.

"Sorry lass, there was someone behind you and I had to do... this to save you." Brynjolf whispered.

I watched as he glanced down at my lips, as I did the same. We both started to lean in, and my heart was pounding, until I heard a sword being unsheathed.

I slid away from Brynjolf's grip, and threw my dagger straight in the face of the culprit.

I looked back at Bryn. He wore a look of disappointment, and amusement.

"It was my turn to save you, I guess." I said, laughing a bit.

He chuckled, and went back to Aringoth's safe.

"Aringoth sold Goldenglow?" Brynjolf exclaimed.

I shrugged. I had no idea who he was or what he had to do with the guild, so I left it up to Brynjolf to figure it out.

"We need to get this back to Mercer. I bet he knows why." Brynjolf said, shoving the letter in his pocket.

We left the house as soon as possible.

"Hey, Bryn, wanna make a bad decision?" I said, a grin plastered on my face.

"It depends, lass. Do I get to kiss you?" He said, a devious smile on his face.

My eyes widened, and a blush spread across my face.

"I-uh-no? I wanna set the hives on fire!" I said, completely forgetting what he just said. He chuckled and pulled me over to the hives.

I used the little magic I knew to set them on fire, and we made a run for it.

We ran until out legs couldn't take it anymore. We fell to the ground, laughing our asses off.

"Oh, lass, I wish you could've seen the look on Aringoths face when he saw me." Brynjolf said.

I laughed and looked at the stars. I could feel Bryn's gaze on me, but I didn't wanna make things awkward.

"...lass?" Brynjolf said, still looking at me.

"Yeah, Bryn?" I replied, butterflies fluttering inside my stomach.

He didn't answer, but instead, put his hand on the side of my face, and leaned over top of me. I felt my breath hitch, and my eyes close as he got closer to me. There was practically no space in between our lips when I heard a familiar voice yell.

"What the fuck do you think you two are doing?" Mercer yelled from a few feet away.

"She... uh... had a bug bite on her face and I was treating it...?" Brynjolf said, making up a terrible lie.

"What, inside her mouth?" Mercer said.

"Yeah?" He replied.

I mentally face palmed and sat up.

"Mercer, stop." I said, pissed off.

"If you two don't get your ass back to the guild, you won't wanna know the consequences." Mercer finished, walking back.

Brynjolf and I looked at eachother.

We made it back to the guild, and went our separate ways. I fell asleep almost instantly as I hit the pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
a/n

im so sorry LMFAOO