A Match into Texas (Mike Fuentes Fanfic)

My name is Alexis McLeod, and I am 20 years old. I am a student at Texas A&M, Corpus Christi Campus, Texas. I am here to tell you about how I fell in love. 

It was November 16th, 2018, and I had just left a concert with Pierce The Veil, Of Mice and Men, and Bring Me The Horizon. I was a fan of all three bands, but PTV had been my favorite band ever since I was 15.

When I was 15, I was diagnosed with insomnia, anxiety, and depression, and on December 14th, 2012, at 2 am, I was sitting on the floor of my bathroom in New York, and I was going to kill myself. 

As I took my pills out, 'Bulls In The Bronx' came onto my iPod. At the beginning of the song there is a short drum solo. I was listening to the drums, and they just sounded so vibrant, so thoroughly alive. They amazed me- they stopped me for a moment. And then I realized something. December 14, 2012 was Mike Fuentes' 28th birthday. How could I take my own life when I was supposed to be celebrating his? So I didn't. And later that day I went to the doctor and got help. 

Ever since, Pierce The Veil has been my favorite band. And I had just seen them live! They were phenomenal. I had gone to a bar after the concert, but none of my friends were out and I decided to go home after about an hour. My dorm was being repainted at the time- there had been some mold growing and we had to evacuate, so I had rented a hotel room near campus. 

'I fucking hate room keys, honestly they're ridiculous,' I muttered into my cell phone. My friend Lydia laughed. 

'Did you check by your credit cards?'

I pulled out my wallet. 'Fuck it all,' I thought. I sat down on the side of the hallway and started rummaging through my wallet. A few singles, a Starbucks receipt, a picture of my mare, Emma, credit card, metro card (not much use anymore), but no room key. 

' I'll call you later Lyd. I gotta go beg to be let into my room.'

She laughed again. We'd known each other for years, and she knew I was always misplacing things.

'Have fun. Tell me if the counter boy is cute!'

She was always asking if people down here were cute. She was going to school at U.C. Davis, and to her disappointment, the guys there were not to her liking. They were too tan and too blond and too pop for her. And a bit too gay. We both preferred tattoos, piercings, metal, and outdoorsy guys. There were a lot if guys like that down here, but they were super conservative, which was an issue for me.

I walked down the hallway, feeling slightly claustrophobic from the cramped space and the ever- present air-conditioning. I saw that someone was already talking to the boy at the desk, and waited a few feet behind him.

He was tall, very tall. I was pretty tall, about 5'8", but he was easily 6'1", maybe a little taller. Lots of tattoos also, and long hair. He looked exausted and like he had been working out furiously. He was wearing a loose tanktop and shorts that looked like they had definately seen better days, but something about him seemed rather kind.

'Do you have any rooms left? I gave my bunk to a friend, it's just for tonight. It doesnt have to be nice or anything...'

He had a low voice, very smooth, but desperate in this case. The boy behind the counter looked at him, clearly intimidated. He cleared his throat

'I'll see what I can do, SIr. Please wait over there for a minute, while I help the next person.'

He took his hat off and ranhis hands through his hair. Replacing the hat, he said, 'Thank you,' and turned around.

Well look at that. My life-saver was standing right in front of me. The peerless drummer for Pierce The Veil. Mr. Michael Christopher Fuentes.