Chapter 10

Kiri won the arm wrestling match luckily. That means we have who everyone is going up against. Shoto vs. Midoriya, Iida vs. Shiozaki, Me vs. Mina, Kiri vs. Bakugo. (I'll skip through most of those battle's except for Shoto and your battle because I don't really remember the others) First up is Shoto and Midoriya. This should be interesting. 

They walked out onto the platform both looking determined. I saw Bakugo sit next to me out of the corner of my eyes and glanced over. He looks even more determined to win this. 

"I saw that move you pulled," I look back to the center smirking," that's my move."

"I don't know what you mean Flames," He copied my words.

"Whatever you say Boom Boom boy."

"You better win this next fight," He whispers in my ear making me shiver. 

"Oh I plan on it," I whisper back in his ear. 

We both turn our attention to the match down below that had just been signaled to stop. Shoto sent a wall of  ice at Midoriya who broke it with his quirk. The did this multiple times. Shoto kept throwing ice at Midoriya and Midoriya kept breaking it. I could see the frost forming on Shoto and so could Midoriya. I started getting really nervous. He can't go that long without using the fireside or his body will freeze. 

They both stopped moving and they looked like they were arguing. Then I heard Midoriya yell," It's you quirk not his so use it."

I saw Shoto's arm ignite with fire. I'm surprised he finally used it. His grudge against our father was so big I didn't think he would ever use it. After that he easily won against Midoriya who's body was badly broken. I stood up and walked down to meet Shoto. 

I was about to turn the corner when I heard my fathers voice," I'm glad you finally got past this childish grudge you have and used my power."

"I didn't do it for you," Shoto said in a monotone voice," And I will never look at it as your power."

"You will get past this Shoto. You will be my successor if you want to or not."

At that I walked back up. I don't feel like listening to that conversation. I sat back down next to Bakugo and just looked forward. He hasn't brought up what he heard earlier which I'm glad about. I just need to focus on what is ahead of me. 

~Time skip~

Iida ended up beating the girl and now it was my and Mina's turn. I don't really want to fight her considering she is one of my closest friends. Me and her being the only girls in our friend group made us grow close. I walked out onto the platform. I still need to win. 

I didn't even give Mina the chance to move as the match started. The easiest way to win this match was the only one I could really think of. You don't have to get them out of the ring to win luckily you can just immobilize them. I sent a ring of flames that wrapped around her easily trapping her from moving. 

"Seriously Y/n," I here Mina whine," That's not fare."

"Sorry Mina," I yell back," but I really want to win.

"And Y/n wins," Midnight announces," She will be moving on to the semi-finals."

I made the ring of fire disappear and Mina had a pouty look on her face," So mean y/n," She walks over to me.

"I am sorry Mina," I wrap my arm around her shoulder," How about this weekend we hang out together just us. So I can make it up to you."

"Oh yay," She said excitedly," We can do it at my house."

"Great now let's go sit down," I say as we walk back up to the stands.

~Time skip~

Bakugo won his match which meant I was going up against him in the next round. It's better than going up against Shoto but it still isn't a good pairing. I paced around the waiting area to nervous to sit down. The training sessions we had together running through my head. Even using my quirk he beat me over 50% of the time, so what is the best way to win this. 

I hear the door slam open and I look over. Bakugo was standing there with his leg in the air. He glared at me. 

"Boom boom boy did you really just kick the door open," I did my best to hide my anxiety," You couldn't have just opened it like a normal person," I pinched the top of my nose shaking my head. 

"Shut up and stop calling me that," He said closing the door and flopping in one of the chairs," I will beat you."

"You wish," I smirk sitting down next to him.

"Very cocky for someone who barely beats me," He smirked at me. 

"We'll see what happens."

The signal for our match sounds and we both stand up," May the best one win," Bakugo says walking out the door. 

We separated ways heading to out entrances. Strategies still running through my brain. I still can't find a way for me to win this. We walked out onto the platform and we both get into a fighting stance. Midnight signals us to fight and we both charge. 

---------

I know this is short but the next one will be longer. I hope you liked it and keep reading. 

❤Author-Chan out❤

word count: 908