Photograph

Pepper and Happy both stared at the two long-lost siblings from a small window through the other room, which was the kitchen.
"Oh God," Happy said. "This could be a disaster,"
"How so...?" Pepper wasn't really paying attention to him.
"She probably doesn't even want to get to know him... how do we even know if she isn't here for any money?"
"Happy!" Pepper hissed in a whisper. "Shut it! Okay! I'm trying to hear what they are saying," In all fairness, Pepper was quite worried. "Should I go out there?" She panicked. This was the most important night of her boyfriend's life, and she didn't know how to handle it. She always knew how to handle it!
Out on the lounge living room area, Tony waited for Claire to take a seat. "I'm beginning to think we have something to say but can't say anything at all," Claire finally whispered.
Tony understood what she meant. He didn't even know where to begin or what to say. All he could do now was stare at her. Claire, his little sister, said if he was allowed to even call her that because somewhere deep inside him, Tony felt he didn't deserve the title of older brother.
The elevator doors chimed open, and Nat and Steve walked in. "Tony, we need to talk," Steve greeted.
Tony let out a sight. "Uh, I was unaware that I had no memo send to me...Pep!" Tony called out.
Pep walked out. "Yes, oh," she eyed Steve and Nat. "Tony is very tight up at the moment if you two can follow me please," Pep guided the two avengers towards the kitchen.
"What's going on?" Steve wondered.
Nat smiled. "Was that Tony's sister?"
"Tony has a sister," Steve mouthed, trying to catch a glimpse of the young girl.
And of course, Pepper wasn't surprised at all to know how well Nat had known such information.
"Yes," Pepper closed her eyes, then popped them open to make her point.
"She looks nothing like him," Nat watched through the small window.
"Are you hungry?" Tony finally said something to her.
"Yes," Claire nodded. In fact, she hadn't eaten all day.
"Good, well have take out...what do you want to eat? Sushi? Burgers? Pizza? You name it,"
"Pizza is fine," Claire nodded.
Tony disappeared through the doors on the back and let out a sight. "Happy order, pizza,"
"WHAT?! he whispered loudly. "You hate pizza?" He said confusedly.
"What's going on?" Pepper whispered, patting his chest softly. She was just as nervous.
Tony shook his head. "I feel nervous. anxious, my little sister is here," he breathed. He turned to see Steve and Nat. "Not now," and left the kitchen.
"The pizza is being ordered," Tony informed her when he returned, trying to be as calm as possible.
"Do you want to see what I was working on?" Tony said too quickly. As he scratched the side of his head. How could Tony get through this without feeling guilt.
"Yes, sure," Claire nodded.
At this point, Claire needed to walk around.
Tony guided her through a wide hallway that led them to a lab room.
"Woah," she breathed once inside the large room. There was yet another big window overlooking the city.
The room was very large compared to what Claire was used to.  This was a superheroes lair, where pieces or equipment laid around and up on the top self, she saw Captain America's shield behind a glassed wall with different devices circling about, a bow, A cape...
"Caps shield needs fresh paint, Thor wanted a thicker cape, and Hawk guy wants me to twig up his bow a bit," Tony stood next to Claire as she looked around.
"So... this is all real?" She finally said.
"Huh?" Tony faced her.
"The Avengers, I thought it was a group of paid actors you had gathered." Claire explained.
Tony smiled half- heartily. He caught a bit of sarcasm in there. "I can go into much detail of what the Avengers are, but right now, someone else matters most,"
Claire felt her face soften and her heart slightly filled with warmth. "Mr. Stark..."
"Call me Tony,"
Claire hadn't seen what he had been working with, so she spotted the pieces of iron on a large table in the corner. "Is that what you're working on?" She pointed, forgetting that her fingers had been playing with a photograph inside her coat pocket. The photograph fell on the floor, and she closed her eyes, aware that Tony saw it.
Tony let out a sight. He picked it up and stared at the picture. "How did you get this?"
He didn't recall ever talking about giving Claire a photo.
"It was mailed to me years ago," she snatched the photograph away.
"Those are my parents..."
"I thought they were both our parents," she clarified, clearing her throat, moving her hair away from her face.
"I'm sorry," he eyed her with deep pooling eyes. "It's just...
"It's too much..." Claire agreed. "I must be going," she told him. She began to walk toward the doors when Tony spoke.
"Claire, our parents... they were very loving towards you,"
Claire stared at him. What could she say? Why did this matter so much? She had her own family. "Then why did you give me up?" She eyed him deeply. Her eyes couldn't hide the biggest question she had been holding on for too many years.
"I-I..." Tony couldn't make out any words.
Claire shook her head. "I need to leave."