I got your back

"Attention Edgewood students, the rogers for all clubs and sports teams have now been posted. Go buffalos" someone said sounding unenthusiastic.

Dicky, Dawn, Nicky and y/n were walking in the hallway when that announcement was made.

"What if I didn't make the team?" Dawn said turning to dicky. "What if I did make the team?" She said turning to Nicky and y/n.

Dawn started shaking Dicky roughly. "It'll be terrible. I'll be humiliated." She went in between nicky and y/n then put her arms around their shoulders.

"But what if I did? I'll be the first ever fifth grader to make the sixth grade team. Imagine." All three of them had imagining faces on. Dawn went between nicky and dicky. "Ill be a legend."

She started shaking dicky again. "But what if I didn't? It'll be like a kick in the shins." She kicked him in the shin and he started jumping up and down holding his shin.

"Can we switch now?" Dicky said looking at nicky.

"Pfft. No way."

He turned to y/n. "Want to take my spot?" She shook her head.

"I cant look."

"Don't worry we got your back."

"No don't leave me!" Dicky yelled.

Nicky and y/n left to go check the posters. They read and said to each other at the same time. "She made it!"

Y/n looked at the dance team list. "I made it too!" She said then they high fived each other.

They left and went back to her. "You made the team!"

"Yes!" She stepped down on Dicky's foot. He said ow and started jumping up and down while holding his foot.

Dawn started singing. "🎶i made the soccer team. I made the soccer team.🎶" she was also dancing.

The soccer team came up behind her. "What's up teammates! It feels so good to say that. Teammates teammies." Dawn started poking at a girl.

"Look dawn you may have made the team, but you didn't make the team." The girl said motioning her hands at the others.

They walked away and dawn went in between dicky and Nicky with y/n next to dicky.

"So I made the team but I haven't made the team?"  Dawn said copying the girl's hand movement.

"What does that mean?" She asked Nicky and shrugged.

She turned to dicky and started shaking him. "What does that mean?!?!?"
                      _______________

Y/n, dawn, and nicky were sitting at the table. Dawn was just picking at her food, y/n didn't like school food, and Nicky was eating.

"What should I do? I mean I dont know what I should do but what do you think I should do?" Dawn asked Nicky about the soccer situation.

"Well first you stab your food with the fork the lift the fork to your mouth and let the teeth take over."

"Oh nicky." Y/n patted his head. "She knows how to eat."

"Its just I don't know what they mean about being on the team but not being on the team." Dawn said motioning her hands again.

"Look there's an empty seat. Just got over, sit down and start talking."

"You just learned how to eat. That's a conversation starter."

Y/n facepalmed herself and thought seriously.

"You're right I got this." Dawn got up and walked over to the soccer team.