Build-A-Lightsaber

Our heroes finished munching on their crystal rock candy pops and boarded the Crucible. There, architect droid Professor Huyang was waiting for them. He led all of the Krayt Dragons and Chella into the room where they'd be building their lightsabers.

"My, my, Master Chella. This is some group you've brought me. And so many," said Huyang.

"They insisted they all do The Gathering together. No one would go until everyone's scores were up to speed," Chella said.

"I see. So you're a close-knit group then. What do you call yourselves?" Huyang asked Harpooni, who was closest to him.

"We're the Krayt Dragons," he said proudly.

"A unique name for a unique group," Huyang said.

He proceeded to introduce himself and explained how he'd built thousands of lightsabers with thousands of Jedi. He then asked who wanted to go first, and every kid raised their hands.

"How about I just start with you, droid," he said to Beebo, who was the first in line. "This is a first for me. I've never helped build a lightsaber for someone like you before...or many of you! My goodness, a droid, a Harch, a Pike, and wow, are you a Geonosian?" he asked Gaar.

"Yes sir!" Gaar said proudly, flapping his wings.

"And you two, a Hutt and a Jawa. I've only seen your kind one other time," said Huyang.

"Wait a minute! I thought I was the only Hutt Jedi!" said Rosa.

"I'm afraid not. Hundreds of years ago I made a lightsaber with a Hutt named Beldorion," Huyang said.

"But, he fell to the dark side. I read about him in the archives a while ago. So, Miss Rosa, you may not be the first, but you are the only Hutt Jedi right now!" said Chella.

"Welp, I guess that's good enough for me!" Rosa said, giving her classic, wide smile.

"Wait, there's another Jawa Jedi?" Jett signed.

"What, ya' haven't heard of Akial on Almas? C'mon kid! Akial is my hero! He proved that even little gremlins like us can be tried and true Jedi!" Deetz said.

"Alright, let's circle back," said Huyang. "Hold out your hand, Beebo, and tell me what you imagine your lightsaber to be like."

"Hmm. I guess I never really thought about it...I'm seeing gold and white," Beebo said.

"Interesting. An uncommon color combination for an uncommon Jedi! Let's see what I have," Huyang said.

He went over to a large area of drawers and pulled out all the parts for Beebo, which he held in his hands in awe.

Huyang went to all the other kids, who were also in awe at all their lightsaber parts. Huyang handed Rosa all her parts, and then moved on to Jett, who was last.

"And how about you, human? What do you see when you close your eyes?" Huyang asked as he pressed his metal thumb into Jett's palm.

"I see...one with a bottom that's open, kind of like a clicky block," Jett signed.

"An open bottom lightsaber that can be connected, perhaps? Those are uncommon. I should have plenty of those. Not many use them," Huyang said.

He went over to the drawers and found the parts right away, which he handed to Jett.

"Wow! Yours is gonna look so cool, Jett!" Rosa said.

Mine? What about yours? That thing is gonna be so big that it might as well be a cannon!