The Gathering

As Jett slid her arms through the sleeves of her parka, she looked on at Rosa, perplexed.

"What is it, Jett?" she asked.

We're going to an ice planet and you're not putting on a coat.

"Do you see all this blubber? I've got enough fat on here to cover my whole self and the rest of the class!" she said. "Besides, I gots this scarf and a hat. I'll be nice and toasty."

If you say so. Let's get going before we're late.

"I'm comin'! Just give me a sec," Rosa said.

The girls swung their rucksacks over their shoulders and started off down the hallway.

"Hey Jett?" Rosa asked.

Yeah?

"What color lightsaber do you think you'll get? I really want a blue one!"

Well you know that blue is my favorite color, so I guess I hope I get a blue one. But the green ones are really cool too, so I don't think I'd be disappointed if I got green.

"Yeah. I guess that's true," Rosa said.

When they got to the shuttle bay, they stood around and talked excitedly with the rest of their fellow Krayt Dragons. Everyone was having fun trying out their new parkas. Even Beebo was wearing one.

"I thought you looked funny in your robes, but seeing you in a parka is ten times funnier!" Harpooni said, pointing and laughing at Beebo.

"Hey, how else am I going to keep my circuits warm?" he asked.

"Alrighty, my Krayt Dragons! Everyone aboard!" Chella said.

All the kids ran onto the shuttle. They were a ball of noise all through hyperspace. Lightsabers, lightsabers, and more lightsabers. That was all they talked about. Even though it was loud and starting to get a little annoying, Chella could deal with it. She wanted to make sure this day was as special as possible for them.

The shuttle jolted out of hyperspace a while later. Jett and the rest of the kids were finishing up their healthy packed lunch. Chella wanted to make sure they were full and focused for the journey that lied ahead.

"I don't know, J'hute! I'm really nervous, tck-tck-tck-tck-tck," Roi said.

Jett and Rosa peeked their heads over the seats in front of them, where Roi and J'hute were sitting. Sorra and Puzz, who were sitting in front of the boys, were peeking their heads over, too.

"Why are you scared, Roi?" Sorra asked.

"Because, I have the lowest scores in the class, tck-tck-tck-tck-tck. What if I can't find a crystal?"

"Just relax. Trust the force and you'll find one, fuzzball," Puzz said.

"Yeah! You can do it, Roi!" Rosa said.

Yeah. I believe in you, Jett said.

"Thanks guys," he said with a smile.

Chella landed the shuttle outside the Jedi Temple on the frozen planet of Ilum. The kids trudged through the snow and met up with Yoda, who was waiting for them. He explained the process of going into the cave and finding a kyber crystal, and how they'd have limited time. If they didn't make it out in time, the entrance of the cave would freeze over, and they'd be trapped.

"Good luck, Krayt Dragons. May the force be with you," Yoda said.

"I have faith in each and every one of you. Remember to concentrate. Now go get those kyber crystals!" Chella said.