Epilogue - Test of Love

Water was flushing down from the corners of the roofs of  buildings, rattling down pipes from various floors to the common ground. Manholes on the roads were open to let the accumulated water on the streets drain out. Her car slowly rolling on the road.

'Bhaiyya, how long will it take?' Sai  asked the driver.

"Can't say madam. hope there is no traffic jam ahead" The driver said

"Bappa please" she prayed. The thought of a possible traffic jam worried her more.

About twenty minutes later the thing happened for what she was worrying. There was a traffic jam-probably the biggest she has ever seen in her life. There were hundreds of cars in front of  her cab. A horrible Water rushed over the roads towards the drains. Everything out there was wet. The shops were closing; their wet shutters were rolling down. The cars, big and small, struggled to find their way. None of the vehicles on that road stayed in line. Everyone was on their own, finding a little space for themselves, competing with each other because of which no one was able to move ahead.

Time was running fast in her wrist watch, but stood stagnant when she glanced at the traffic around.

Thirty minutes passed and her cab did not move an inch.

Eventually, her cab driver also switched off the cab's engine which raised the already high levels of anxiety within her still higher.

Her cellphone started ringing. "Yes Sam, I will be there soon. It was raining heavily here I am just stuck in the traffic jam"

"Okay, take care of yourself the baraat has already arrived"

"Sai, you are in the market only no?" he suspected

"hmm I will be there in half an hour" she nervously replied

"Ma'am Nobody could drive to Nagpur wedding hall that fast, even if the roads are completely empty" Driver said

She was wondering how excited he was in preparing for the wedding. When she felt like her life was screwed up: booking tickets, calling relatives and friends, buying clothes and jewelry. And shopping for all the 'miscellaneous' things -which was the biggest headache of all. She was tired. On the other hand, Virat was handling all this so easily.Planning, shopping and dancing, Laughing, kidding, enjoying each and every second.

The next moment she noticed the traffic moving ahead from one corner of the road. 

"Don't worry ma'am now we will manage to reach in time" Driver assured. Soon they reached the city area. 

"Bhaiyya, how much more time?" she asked the driver again

But the driver did not responded this time and she sensed something was very wrong. A never-ending pool of water was in front of them, covering everything on the ground. The
road had disappeared and even the divider was submerged. Her cab was, even now, running on water-covered road. Every single minute, the water level was increasing, reaching almost a foot.

There were no street lights on that road. Or if there were, they were out of order. In that pool of water, there were various vehicles struggling to move ahead, inch by inch. In the
headlights of her car she saw waves in the water, carrying leaves and stems of small creepers and weeds, beating against the bodies of the vehicles stuck in the spate. The car was still going ahead, at a slower speed. They were moving into deeper water now and, finally, the driver said he couldn't go ahead.

She tried to persuade him to go ahead but he was adamant and she got furious.

"Don't make excuses just keep moving" she shouted