Chapter 5

When Minho opened his eyes he was in a car with his parents, Hannah, and Chan. 

"Sleepyhead, you missed all the good songs," Chan teased. The song currently playing was  Sherlock by SHINee. 

"Liar, I woke up in time for a masterpiece," Minho responded, instantly starting to vibe with Jonghyun's vocals. 

"What's masterpiece?" Hannah asked from the carseat next to him. She was only five, so she was curious about everything.

"It means something that is very nice and loved by many people," Minho explained. 

"It's the types of songs I'll be making once I get accepted into an entertainment company," Chan interrupted. 

"As if, I'm sure they'll have songwriters that are ten thousand times better than you," Minho said jokingly while hitting Chan's shoulder. 

Then in a split second Minho felt the car swerve. He went  from being upright, teasing his hyung, to upside down with his body sandwiched between the seat and roof of the car. Somehow Chan's door opened and he was thrown out of the car, but the rest of the family remained inside. Once the car stopped moving, he heard footsteps approach the car.

"Channie hyung, is that you?" Minho shouted with as much strength as he could muster. 

"It's me, Minho-yah. I'll be back, I promise," Chan said in a comforting tone. 

"Wait, hyung, where are you going?" Minho asked. However, Chan was gone before he could hear his younger brother's question. "HYUNG! COME BACK! PLEASE!" he screamed with tears in his eyes from both the pain in his side and his heart. Minho felt himself lose consciousness as he heard faint sirens blaring. 

When he came to he was in the hospital. His eyes opened and the first thing he saw was a very attractive male nurse. 'Huh, he seems kind of young to be a nurse,' Minho thought. He read the nametag. 

Han Jisung, Nursing Apprentice 

"Hey, you're awake!" the nurse, Jisung, said. 

"I have a question," Minho said. "What does Nursing Apprentice mean?" 

"Oh! I'm the son of one of the nurses here, and she lets me help out sometimes. That's why I look so young, too." Jisung explained. 

"Nice. So where are my parents, bother, and sister?" Minho asked.

"Well, I was hoping not to be the one to break the news to you, but I guess I'll have to. There's nothing on file of any brother, so he must've not come into the hospital. Good news, your sister is fine. Just some cuts, scrapes, and a minor concussion." Jisung was really good at sounding like it wasn't too big of a deal, which calmed Minho down a little bit. However, that was when he sat down next to Minho's hospital bed. "Then we have your parents. Both of them were barely alive when the ambulances arrived to the scene of the accident. I'm really sorry, but your dad died in the ambulance on the way over, and your mom died just after getting to the hospital." 

Minho couldn't believe it. Both his parents weren't there for him anymore. He felt his eyes start to get hot and blurry. His chest tightened, and he couldn't hold it in for very long. He started bawling more than he had since he was a little kid. Jisung reached over and wrapped his arms around him. Minho cried in his shoulder until there were no tears left. Suddenly Jisung disappeared and in his place was an older doctor. 

"I'm really sorry for your loss," said the doctor. Had Minho imagined the young nurse? Was it the doctor the whole time? Before he could question anything any further, a little girl was brought into the room.

"Oppa!" Hannah ran up and jumped into Minho's bed. 

"Careful, sweetie. Your brother still needs to heal," the lady who brought her in said. Hannah stopped jumping and instead settled herself right next to him. Minho held her and she fell asleep in his arms. He swore that he'd do anything in his power to protect her from that day on. Not long after he drifted off into sleep.

Minho jolted awake and he was back in present day. 'Weird, that nurse wasn't in the hospital when the accident actually happened,' Minho thought to himself. 'Why did he just appear, then disappear?' He reached over to check the time on his phone. 03:45. He set it back down and fell back asleep.

*************************************************

A/N

I honestly wanted to write a chapter that goes into more detail about the accident. I also wanted to write about a dream that incorporated Jisung, so I thought 'Why not combine the two.' As always, have an amaing morning/afternoon/night wherever you are <3