Chapter 9

Brianna's POV

The screams. I hear them again.

I feel someone dragging me through the hallway. The hallway they took me through everyday to go to the torture room. They are about to wipe my memories again.

"No, please! Please don't!" I beg.

"Shut the fuck up!" The agent says, pulling me by my weak arms.

We get to the room and they strap me down to the table, putting the device around my head to send shocks through my brain.

"Please don't-" I plead. My weak body fails me as I try to fight against them.

But it's too late to beg or fight even more. They flipped the switch and electricity fills my head. I scream at the top of my lungs in pain. The burning sensation all over my body. I try so hard to fight it, but it's too strong. Too painful. Tears run down my face as my body burns, as my memories slowly fade away.

"Turn up the voltage," a man says.

I let out another gut wrenching scream, as the volts fill my body. My body thrashes, kicking and punching anything close to me.

Brianna, wake up!

Who's talking? I hear a voice trying to tell me something.

Please, wake up!

WAKE UP, BRIANNA!

I jolt awake, sitting up in my bed, remembering where I am. I'm covered in sweat and tears from the nightmare I just had. My body whole body trembles in fear. But what shocks me is the person in front of me.

"Bucky?" I say, still traumatized by the dream.

"It's me. It's just me. I'm here," he says, brushing the hair out of my face.

"I'm fine...just a nightmare," I pant, as I'm out of breath. My breath shaky.

"I know...I have them too," he says.

Something within me snaps, causing me to break down in tears. I lean forward, resting my forehead on his shoulder.

"It's okay. You're safe. No one's gonna hurt you," he says, stroking my hair, as his other arm creeps around my back, embracing me tightly.

"Did anyone else hear?" I ask, embarrassed of the thought of someone hearing my outburst.

"No. Just me," he says.

I pull away from him to look at his beautiful face. And suddenly, I'm not afraid anymore. I feel safe in his arms. I feel at peace. The tension between us rises again. That tether urging me to be closer to him. But after what already happened tonight...I can't let that happen again. I was drunk, and so was he. Neither of us were in our right minds. Though, I can't deny that I want him, I can't act on it. God, how could I have been so stupid.

I tear my eyes away from him and scramble out of bed.

"Where are you-"

"I'm sorry. That was a mistake. All of it was mistake," I say, hurrying for the bathroom connected to the guest room I'm sleeping in.

"Brianna, wait-" But I slam the door quickly before he can protest.

Fuck! What have I done? I'm going to jeopardize this whole mission by what I've done. I've already been somewhat distracted by my own issues, and now we'll have this to deal with.

I sigh and start to open the door, running a hand through my hair. But when I open the door, I find Bucky right outside.

He's standing at the bathroom door, blocking me from going out. Looking at me with lust in his eyes. A breath hitches in my throat, unable to form words. My hands and body still shaky, partly from the nightmare, but mostly because of the tension between us.