Chapter 6

We finally reach Berlin and head into the prison. Sam steps up to the desk and approaches the officer.

"We need to see Zemo," he says.

"Sorry, sir. But he doesn't have access to visitors," the officer says.

"Come on, man. We're just here to talk to him," Bucky argues.

"No can do," the officer replies coldly.

Maybe a woman's charm will persuade him. So I step around Sam and lean onto the desk.

"Hi," I say, batting my long eyelashes, "We really need to talk to him. It's very important."

He looks at me for a moment, "Sorry, miss. But those are the rules."

"Oh come on. There's got to be something you can do," I say, "Like I said, it's really, really important, officer." I give him a flirty grin and continue to bat my eyelashes. I reach for his hand on the desk, drawling circles on the top of it, all the while keeping complete eye contact with him.

He thinks for a second and finally says, "Alright, fine. Follow me."

He stands up from the desk and grabs his keys. I turn around and give the boys a sly grin, feeling proud of myself. Both of them looking completely puzzled on how I got the man to agree.

The man leads us up some stairs and down a hallway, "He's right through there."

"Okay, give us a minute," Sam says. The officer walks off giving me an arrogant grin. I twinkle my fingers and wave at him, smiling the whole time. But as soon as he is far enough away, I turn back to them letting my smile fall.

"Pig," I huff, talking about the officer.

"First off, how did you do that?" Sam questions me.

"Men are weak. One flirty little smile or touch will make them buckle," I say with a laugh. They both just stare at me, "Did you guys forget that I was an assassin? I learned how to play many parts."

I look at Bucky, who looks slightly impressed with my acting. But I also get a hint of jealousy when he suddenly snaps, "Okay never mind that, I'll go in and talk to him."

He walks off with the officer waiting at the end of the hall, leaving me and Sam alone.

"He didn't like that," Sam says with a grin.

"Who didn't like what?"

"Don't act like you didn't see how jealous he got just then," he says.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I say, crossing my arms.

He laughs, "Like I said before, you are so naive. He was jealous of that guy! Of you being all flirty with him."

"Oh bullshit-"

"It's true. You know I'm right," he says still smiling ear to ear.

"And you're annoying!" I snap.

It's quiet for just a few seconds before Sam opens his mouth again to pester me some more.

"So you guys went on a date?"

"IT WAS NOT A DATE!" I shout.

He laughs at my angry response, "Then what?"

I sigh, "I had just seen the news about Walker, and I was pissed. So I showed up at his apartment-"