5

He had a huge problem. What the hell was he supposed to wear to this house party? How fancy was it? If he showed up in jeans and a sweatshirt, would he look like a moron when everyone else was wearing freaking ball gowns and shit? After almost working himself into a panic attack he decided to text Zayn and ask. He could do that right? He had his number because of the house sale, and he did invite him to a private party. He decided to go for it instead of showing up in the wrong clothes. He went through his files to find his number and started to compose a text.

Hi Zayn,
I'm so sorry to bother you like this but I was just wondering if the party requires formal wear or if it's more on the casual side. Either one is fine. I just want to dress properly. /Louis Tomlinson

He pressed sent before he could change his mind. Five minutes later his phone rang and he recognized Zayn's number.
"Louis speaking."

"Hi Louis, it's Harry Styles, uhm, Zayn's friend. We met when you showed him the house, remember?"

How could he forget?
"Of course, Hi Harry." Louis smiled. It was his lucky day.

"Zayn is busy with the preparations for the party so he asked me to give you a ring." Harry said.

"That's nice of you." Louis commented.

Harry giggled. He fucking giggled. It was adorable and Louis cooed internally.
"Yeah, well, so, it's totally casual. Wear whatever you want to wear." Harry said.

"Okay, thanks for letting me know. Are you attending the party?" Louis had to ask.

"Of course. I'll see you there!" Harry answered, sounding cheerful.

"Okay. Bye Harry." Louis said.

"Bye Louis." Harry replied and they hung up.

He might have danced silly after that but no one saw him so it was cool. Okay, not really cool, but whatever. He sent a text to Liam and Niall after that to inform them that they could dress casually. Liam just answered with a thumbs up but Niall sent a long rambling reply, he seemed to have been having the same problem as he had a minute ago.

He went back to stare into his wardrobe. He finally picked out a pair of dark grey skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a grey Lee jacket. He fixed his fringe and put on some socks and white converse. That had to do. He made sure that he smelled nice before he grabbed his wallet and car keys and went to pick up Niall and Liam.

Niall was already jumping up and down with excitement while Liam was more chill as usual. Louis drove them to the villa he just sold. The driveway was filled with cars but he managed to find a parking space. As they got out they noticed that most of the cars came with a driver. He tried to look more confident than he felt as they walked up to the main entrance and rang the doorbell. A man dressed as a butler opened the door and invited them inside and told them to go to the backyard. Their eyes grew wide as they walked outside.

The whole garden was filled with fairy lights hung between trees. There was a DJ playing music, catering staff barbecuing and serving drinks, and of course the guests. From just a sweep Louis recognized several famous artists, actors, and others in the entertainment business. He could hear Niall gasp beside him.
"Behave." He growled before he headed over to Zayn who he had spotted by the bar.

"Hi, Zayn. Thank you for inviting me. These are my closest friends, Liam Payne and Niall Horan." Louis introduced them and Zayn shook their hands. Louis noticed that he gave Liam a once-over and hid his smirk.

"I'm glad you could make it. What do you wanna drink?" Zayn asked.

They told him their drink orders and that was when Louis noticed Harry walking toward them, all dimpled smiling and gorgeous. He was wearing nail polish and lipstick and it was adorable. It suited him.
"Hi, Louis, great to see you again!"

"Hi Harry, you too. How are you?" Louis replied. Zayn handed him a beer and he took a sip, maintaining eye contact with Harry.

"I'm good. You?" Harry asked.

They continued their polite small talk. Louis listened to every nuance in Harry's voice, took in his body language to try and figure out if Harry was showing interest in him but he was a hard nut to crack, no pun intended. All of a sudden Niall made an odd squeal beside him and he turned his head to look at him. He furrowed his eyebrows in concern. Niall looked like he was having a heart attack.
"Are you okay mate?"

"B...Beyonce..." Niall wheezed and grabbed Liam's arm.

Oh, dear Lord. Louis rolled his eyes at him and he could hear Zayn and Harry laugh.
"Do you want me to introduce you to her or will you pass out if I did?" Zayn asked, clearly amused.

"I can handle it. Liam? How do I look?" Niall stressed?

"Like a hyperventilating moron. I better go with you." Liam smirked jokingly.

"Louis?" Zayn asked.

"I think I'll just stay here. That's gonna be a train wreck." Louis chuckled and Niall huffed. "Sorry pal, you know I love you. Go charm her. Just be yourself and she will be delighted to meet you." Louis tried to reassure him. Niall smiled.

He had to watch. He turned around to see a very nervous Niall approach Beyonce. Harry came to stand next to him, very close to his delight.
"You got this buddy." He mumbled and Harry laughed softly. He glanced at him with a smile.

They both leaned forward, heads close together as soon as Niall reached her. They watched him making awkward hand gestures, talking none stop while she looked mildly interested.
"Poor guy. He's really trying." Harry commented.

"Well, I'm proud of him for trying. He loves her music, more of an obsession really." Louis said. He glanced at Harry who gave him a look and he got it. "Not gay, just special." He chuckled.

Harry laughed.
"Alright."

Niall's conversation with Beyonce was short and soon he was returning with his shoulders slumping.
"Oh no, that doesn't seem to have gone well." Harry said softly and put a hand on Louis's shoulder.

"Hi, there buddy, still alive?" Louis asked.

Niall nodded his head and then he started to smile.
"I can't believe I just met Beyonce and I actually talked to her. This is the best night of my life! Let's celebrate!"

"That's the spirit!" Louis chuckled.