4

Zayn came into the office the next day to sign the contracts for the house. Unfortunately, he hadn't Harry with him this time.
"And one last signature there. As soon as the payment is settled you'll get access to your new home." Louis informed him.

"I'm going to the bank after this." Zayn said.

"Alright then. Swing by when it's done and I'll give you the keys." Louis smiled and shook his hand.

"Thank you. I'm having a house party on Saturday. You should come." Zayn said.

"Oh, yeah, I would love to." Louis immediately agreed. Harry might have something to do with it.

"Great! See you later then, and on Saturday. You can bring a friend or two." Zayn smiled and left his office.

He called Niall and Liam as soon as he left and told them that they were going to Zayn Malik's house party. Niall screamed for ten minutes but Liam was calmer about it.

Zayn showed up at the end of the day and showed that the payment of the house was done so Louis handed him the keys and promised to show up on Saturday, with two friends. Zayn assured him that it was okay.

Thursday meant one last radio show until next week. He wondered how long this play was? They hadn't gotten through the first act yet, not that he was complaining. Haz Star had done Shakespeare's Hamlet before that. He sometimes brought in a woman to do the female parts in a play. Louis preferred this one, where he could only listen to his voice. He sat down in the living room and turned on the radio.
"Good evening dear listeners. I'm hoping you're having a fabulous week."

Oh yes. He just made a big commission. His week was going great, so far. Louis took a sip of his beer.
"Let's continue with Waiting for Godot. We're almost done with the first act." Haz announced.

That's too bad. He's really enjoying this.
"Last night Pozzo and Lucky left and now a boy enters the stage."

Mister! Estragon halts. Both look towards the voice.

Estragon: Off we go again.

Vladimir: Approach, my child. Enter Boy, timidly. He halts.

Boy: Mister Albert . . . ?

He really did sound like a little boy. Louis was impressed.

Vladimir: Yes.

Estragon: What do you want?

Vladimir: Approach! The Boy does not move.

Estragon: (forcibly). Approach when you're told, can't you? The Boy advances timidly, halts.

Vladimir: What is it?

Boy: Mr. Godot...

Vladimir: Obviously... (Pause.) Approach.

Estragon: (violently). Will you approach! (The Boy advances timidly.) What kept you so late?

Vladimir: You have a message from Mr. Godot?

Boy: Yes Sir.

Louis listened the full hour with a smile on his lips. The play was still as strange as before. The dialogue made little sense. He bet that Godot would never even show up.

On Friday they tried a new restaurant, Niall's choice this time, which meant a steak house. After ordering something to eat and drink Niall started talked.
"So, which celebrities will be at the party tomorrow?"

"How the fuck should I know. Does it matter?" Louis answered.

Niall stared at him like he was stupid.
"So you mean if Beyonce walked up to you and said hi you wouldn't get starstruck and weak in the knees?"

"Mate, I'm gay. I wouldn't get weak in the knees." Louis smirked.

Niall rolled his eyes at him. Louis was eyeing him suspiciously.
"Can I bring you to this party without you acting like a moron?"

Niall snorted and looked offended.
"What's that suppose to mean?"

"Are you gonna scream and jump at every celebrity you meet, if there are in fact celebrities there?" Louis asked and pointed his fork at Niall.

"Of course not! Except for Beyonce. You can't blame me for that." Niall said with a sheepish smile.

"True." Louis chuckled.

They had a great dinner, the steakhouse got a solid seven from them all. They continued their night out at their favorite pub and drank a beer or two, not wanting to be hammered so they wouldn't make it to Zayns party.
"So, I'm seeing someone." Liam announced.

"That's great! Tell us all about her." Niall said.

"Her name is Emma, and she works at my office. We've been out a couple of times. I like her." Liam told them.

"That's great." Louis smiled.

"Yeah, but where's the details man?" Niall protested.

"That's the only details you're gonna get!" Liam laughed and took a sip from his beer.

"Not fair. I need romance in my life. How will I get it if you don't tell me about your exciting dating life?" Niall pouted.

"Uhm, maybe date someone yourself?" Louis suggested in amusement.

"Look who's talking!" Niall pointed out.

"Well, I met a cute guy the other day. I promise I'll ask him out if I get the vibe, and of course, if I see him again." Louis smiled.

"The vibe? The gay vibe? How does that even work?" Niall asked, sounding genuinely interested.

Louis burst out laughing.
"I can't explain it. How do you know if someone is interested in you?"

"I don't. That's the problem, isn't it? I'm totally oblivious when it comes to girls." Niall sighed.

"It's true. I've seen girls flirt with him in an obvious way but he's totally clueless." Liam smirked.

"Thanks!" Niall huffed.

"You're welcome." Liam winked.

"Well, then you need a wingman. I offer my services." Louis said.

"A wingman? So when Beyonce shows up tomorrow?" Niall grinned and wiggled his eyebrows.

"I'm gonna keep you as far away from her as possible." Louis chuckled.

"Lousy wingman!" Niall muttered.

"Sorry, mate." Louis laughed.

They made an early night and went home to get some sleep so they would be on top the next day. Louis was really looking forward to Zayn's party. He was determent to find out if he had a chance with Harry or if he preferred women only. He just hoped that he would be there but if he was friends with Zayn he probably would be. That excited him. It had been too long since he found a man interesting enough to ask out on a date. If Haz Star didn't count, but he just loved his voice. He didn't want to date him. Maybe fuck him if he talked dirty to him with that voice. He was glad that poor man had no idea that he was thinking filthy thoughts about him, even if he was half-joking.