Zabuza Momochi ✓

Ookami's POV

We had just gotten off the boat, and now we were walking down a trail, headed for Tazuna's house.

Naruto halted, peering into the bushes. He randomly whipped out a kunai and threw it into the forest, as if he sensed something... Or he was just showing off.

Everyone froze, before scolding him. I would have as well, but I was too busy focusing on our surroundings... Something was wrong here. Did Naruto really sense something?

"Just a mouse." Naruto said. Nope. He didn't.

"NARUTO, YOU IDIOT!" Sakura shouted, an anime vein prominent on her forehead.

"Naruto, that's a kunai! Don't go randomly throwing it around!" Kakashi scolded.

"Hn." Sasuke shook his head, making me feel the urge to laugh. This boy needs to expand his vocabulary, like seriously...

"Don't try to scare me like that, kid!" Tazuna fumed.

I shook my head. A bunch of morons... The only one that noticed is Kakashi... I thought, seeing Kakashi glance around wearily, then heading into the forest after Naruto's kunai.

I gingerly followed, and so did the rest of the group. We came across a small, petrified snow rabbit, sitting underneath Naruto's kunai knife. Sakura's eyes widened, and she punched her blonde teammate on the head.

Naruto yelped, and grabbed the paralyzed creature, hugging it.

But snow rabbits only have white fur in the winter... Why would it... My eyes widened as I suddenly caught on to an unfamiliar scent. I quickly scanned the trees above us, thinking; Someone's here. I can smell them. 

My lip curled upwards into a snarl. Everyone's attention snapped to me, their eyes full of confusion.

I glanced at the rabbit in Naruto's arms, and I snapped my jaws at it. In surprise, Naruto dropped the creature.

"Is she hungry or something?" Tazuna asked.

Sasuke shook his head, getting an idea of what I was feeling. "No... Something's something." He spoke with furrowed eyebrows

Kakashi glanced at me curiously. I ignored him, and stared into the trees ahead of us. I growled upon picking up the intruders scent again. My head snapped in their direction, and they were hidden beneath the foliage.

I barked (A/N: Well, if wolves CAN bark >.<), just as Kakashi shouted, "DUCK!"

A huge sword flew above us and hit a tree. Our attacker jumped out of the foliage and onto the blade of his large sword.

I narrowed my eyes at the man. Zabuza Momochi, one of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. I quickly identified him.

 Naruto ran forwards to attack, but I jumped in front of him which caused him to trip over me. The blonde turned to glare at me, but I glared right back.

"Hey, what the hell was that for!" Naruto shouted, pointing at me.

I snarled, baring my teeth. Immediately the boy backed off, confused and a little scared. I turned my attention to Zabuza, since he was the enemy.

Kakashi sighed, lifting his headband. He opened his left eye, revealing a single Sharingan. My eyes widened and a snarl automatically ripped through my throat.

I saw Sasuke's eyes widen as well, anger and confusion flashing through them.

He is no Uchiha! I snarled angrily. Why would he have the Sharingan?!

 The Jonin looked at me, and shook his head, silently telling me 'later'.

"Kakashi... The Copy Ninja. With a little tag team of some brats... You're going to have to hand over the old man." Zabuza spoke.

"You'll have to go through me first." Kakashi answered.

Mist started rolling in, blurring everyone's vision except Kakashi's and my own.

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura jumped in front of Tazuna in a triangle formation, kunai out. I stood by Kakashi's side, ready to fight.

Zabuza pulled his blade from the tree, jumping onto the lake beside us. He thickened the mist, and Kakashi and I backed up to be closer to the others.

I could sense how freaked out most of them were; especially Sasuke. Though he was only freaked out because of Kakashi's Sharingan.

Out of nowhere Sasuke started freaking out, and he pointed his kunai to his chest. My eyes widened and I bolted towards him, ripping the kunai out of his hands with my teeth.

"Sasuke! Calm down! I promise you, all of you, that I will protect my comrades with my life!" Kakashi said, turning to us and smiling underneath his mask.

That seemed to snap Sasuke back to reality, so I cautiously handed him back his kunai.

"I wouldn't be so sure..." Zabuza spoke, appearing in front of Tazuna, behind the Genin. "It's over." He hissed.

Kakashi turned, glaring at Zabuza with his Sharingan. He dashed forwards, punching Zabuza in the gut before he could swing his sword down.

But, of course, the Zabuza that Kakashi had punched was a water clone. It smirked at him and disappeared, just as another appeared behind Kakashi.

This one swung his sword at Kakashi, slicing him in half. However his was a water clone, too. He must have copied Zabuza's clone...

Kakashi appeared behind the real Zabuza, with a kunai to his neck.

"Now, it's over."

--------------------------------------

Sorry it's so short... And sorry for not updating :/ A lot is going on in my household, and then I have homework just to put the cherry on top... Ugh.

XOXO Sweetamanda