The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 25

"Alright brother. It's been ten minutes, so stop mackin' on my best friend." Lexi clapped her hands together once before flicking Liam in the forehead.
I pulled away, a faint blush rising on my cheeks. I could be happy with Liam. There was no point in running away from how I felt. And my feelings were pretty obvious.
"Still think I'm going to regret it?" I joked.
Liam turned to me, his face full of surprise. "You remember that?" Uh, yeah?
I rolled my eyes. "I was drunk Liam. Not in a coma."
"Still..." What the hell? Did he not want me to remember? Well, I guess it made sense, it would have been pretty weird.
Sensing the growing tension between us, even though she had no idea what it was about, Lexi jumped in.
"Let's go."
She ushered us out the back door, and we half-ran, half-walked through the forest until we reached the clearing, not far from my house. It was the perfect place to do what we needed to without being caught. Even in there was kinda of crappy cell phone reception.
"When this is over, I'm never going outside again." Lexi moaned, pulling leaves from her long hair.
I grabbed their arms on either side of me to keep the siblings from going any further.
"Tony know we're gonna show up right?" I asked, looking both of them in the eye, one after the other.
"Right..." They said slowly.
"So, let's give him a little surprise."
Lexi and Liam shared a wary glance, before shaking their heads. "Too dangerous."
"Come onnnn." I whined. They had to agree. "You haven't heard my plan."
"Your plans are about as dangerous as going after Tony unarmed, alone. For everybody." Liam cooed, patting the top of my head.
I scowled at him. "But with my plan, nobody has to go after him. All I need is a phone."
Lexi eyed me up with her heavily made up eyes before giving in. "Fine." Finally.
"Alright. So all we have to do is send in an anonymous tip to the Police and send them Tony's way."
"But he'd flee as soon as he found out." Liam said. His tone was implying that I was stupid. Ugh. Men. It was good to know somebody believed in me. Not.
"That's where Jenny comes in." I said in a 'duh' tone. Jenny would take to my plan in a second.
They shared yet another glance. "Fine."
"Yay!" I clapped my hands together. My plan was going to work out perfectly. Especially because my plan involved a decoy.
I handed Lexi my phone. "Tony doesn't have this number. It's not even in my name. Call and tell him you have a lead. Liam and I are at my house, but we called the Police to his house and they'll be there. So he won't get suspicious." I instructed. She nodded, taking the phone and sauntering off into the woods to get a good signal.
"Now." I turned to Liam. "Go call Jenny and tell her she needs to get the Police hiding at my house. Like yesterday." He nodded, taking out his phone before going in the opposite direction from the one Lexi had taken.
I sank down on top of a nearby rock, and rubbed a hand over my face. If the plan went well? Then we'd be going home. I could let all my men go. They would have been seriously bored with nothing to do the past few months. Although I was sure Jenny kept them busy.
Lexi came skipping through the trees, stopping to stand in front of me. Geez. I'd never seen her so excited. Ever.
"He'll be there in two hours. Which is really one because he'll want to scout it out." She rambled, bouncing around.
"Geez. Calm down or I'll tie you to a tree." I grumbled. I was way too anxious to find out if our plan was going to go through.
She rolled her eyes. "Would my brother let you down?" Snorting, Lexi settled next to me cross-legged.
"Done." Liam announced, coming toward us.
Lexi shot me a look, which I ignored.
"Great. Let's go back."
We stayed around back of the house, keeping to the shadows. I went out to speak to the Police about the plan when they showed up on foot. Luckily they didn't recognize me with blonde hair. Then I went back to wait.
But right on time. He showed up alone.
Cocky bastard.
Lexi leaned over. "Cocky much?"
I chuckled quietly. "Always."
Then we glanced over at Liam who mouthed "showtime."