The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 8

The second we were in the moderate-sized hotel room, Liam locked the deadbolts and then unlocked them and relocked them again. I rolled my eyes at his precautions and dragged my bag into the small bathroom.
As I looked in the mirror my features scrunched up in distaste at my image. My usually bouncy and wavy hair hung like a flat and lifeless curtain around my pale, tear-stained face. I squeezed my blood-shot eyes closed tight, and turned away from the mirror.
"Oh, how I've missed you," I murmured, probably smiling like a maniac as I turned the shower on hot. I hadn't showered in what felt like months, but really was only a week, maybe more, I wasn't too sure.
As I contemplated asking Liam how long we were on the road, I fidgeted with the locket around my neck. My mother had given it to me the year I turned five, so I would always have a part of her with me, even at school.
Caving, I peeled my clothes off and stepped under the stream of warm water. As the water swirled down the drain, I noticed how discolored it was.
'I must have been dirtier than I thought,' I mentally rolled my eyes.

After my refreshing shower, I dress in a simple long t-shirt and opened the bathroom door.
"How long-" I stopped when I saw Liam sprawled out on top of the covers, fully clothed and snoring.
"You're so adorable when you sleep," I cooed, leaning over him. Prodding his side gently, he swatted my arm away, grumbling.
"Liam." I whispered into his ear seductively whilst trying to suppress my giggles.
"Mm?" He groaned, catching me around the waist and pulling me on top of him. I heaved a great sigh and scooted up so I was near his face.
"Hey hot stuff, you're squishing me." I reached down and began tickling him.
Liam jerked up, and his arms fell away from me, causing me to fall onto the floor.
"Oww," I moaned, staring up at the ceiling.
"What are you doing on the floor?" Liam asked, peering over the edge of the bed. His eyebrows pulled together in confusion when I shot him a glare.
"You pushed me!" I spluttered, sitting up.
"Oh shit! Sorry." He rubbed his eyes.
"It's fine. Just go to sleep," I grumbled, getting up. I had to grab onto Liam's shoulder while the room spun.
"Aren't you going to sleep?" I shrugged, I would sleep soon enough.
"Belle. You need sleep."
"I'll sleep when I feel like it! You're not my father!" I yelled, storming off onto the balcony.

Taking a few calming breaths, I looked out over the lake just behind the hotel.
The water was bright blue, and there were a few families splashing around together. As the laughs rang out around me, I felt a pang of jealousy. Turning away from the happiness, I stepped back into the room, leaving the balcony door open to air out the stuffy room.
Liam had his eyes closed, so I got into the bed cuddling up to his side.
"What are you doing?" He mumbled, half-asleep.
"I used to have a teddy bear. Since it's not here, you're my replacement," I cooed.
"Oh, sure." He murmured, a light snore starting up.
I snuggled further into his side, hoping to get some rest.

"So your dad really let you go clubbing?" Liam's expression made me giggle as I stood in front of the mirror, blow-drying my hair.
"Yeah, he believed in freedom." I shrugged, shutting the door in his awed face so I could get dressed.
I let my robe fall to the floor, and slipped on the tight dress. It came to mid-thigh, and hugged my slim body completely. I quickly did my make-up, in a sparkly fashion of course, and tousled my hair as I slipped into my ultra high black heels.
"Alright, how do I look?" I cat-walked out of the bathroom, doing a little twirl.
"You look hot," he grinned, gesturing to the door. I rolled my eyes and stalked out into the hallway.

The huge club was moderately filled, with flashing lights, smoke and loud music. An exultant smile broke across my face as I led Liam over to the bar.
"Four shots of Tequila, please." I flashed a charming smile, and the bartender looked flustered for a second before he got to working on my order. When I went to hand him the money, he denied as a blush spread across his stubbly face.
"For a pretty lady such as yourself, it's on the house." He winked at me.
I blew the bartender a kiss as I picked up the shots, dragging Liam to an empty table.
"That was so mean," Liam chuckled, as I knocked back my first shot.
"You're just jealous because I'm sexy." I said as I downed another shot.
"Very," he rolled his eyes.
"Aren't you drinking?" My words slurred together slightly, as the edges of my vision became blurry.
"Somebody's gotta be the designated driver," Liam said sternly.
I just giggled, downing the rest of the shots.
"Let's dance," I whined, pulling on Liam's arm.
He reluctantly agreed, and I pulled him into the mess of dancing bodies. I put my arms around his neck and pushed up on him as I began dancing, all my worries flying out the window.