The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 6

What? No!" His voice was slightly panicked, and I automatically reached for the gun in my waistband.
"Then you're working for Andrew! And for that, you have to go down." I sneered in disgust.
Liam sighed, sending a glance toward the sky. "I'm going to lose my job for this. Okay, I'm working for your father. Randy hired me to make sure you were okay if something like this happened. It's part of the plan that you didn't know about.
I gulped, "what about Jake? I wouldn't have came to find you after if not for him."
"That's the thing... Jake was supposed to make it look like he was for them so you'd trust me. Since I wasn't allowed to tell you, you went after him. He is dead right?"
I nodded mutely, my mouth gaping open. I'd killed an innocent person, one who was only looking out for me. He must have known I would kill him. A suicide mission.

"Daddy would be so pissed at this turn my life has taken." My voice was monotone, as the trees started to blur around me. My body couldn't process all the information at once, and I passed out.

I woke up disoriented, thinking 'where am I?' The panic was just starting to set in when I realized I was in the back of Liam's car, and everything came flooding back to me.
"You idiot!" I screeched, smacking Liam upside the head as best I could from my position.
"Don't hit the driver!" He yelled, pulling into a deserted parking lot. I sat up slightly, just enough to see the clock on the dashboard, and groaned laying back down when I saw it was only early morning. Very early morning, like sun hasn't even risen early.
"Okay, now you can yell at me." Liam sighed heavily, turning the car off.
Surprisingly, even to myself, I started to cry. All of my earlier anger had completely dissolved, leaving a horrible grief.
"Don't cry." The concern in Liam's voice only caused me to cry harder. As sobs racked my body, I sat up bringing my knees to my chest.
I'd killed an innocent person, and my father's best friend on top of that! I was so going to hell.
When arms wrapped around me I didn't even pull away like I should have, I just clung to Liam as I cried. The grief over loosing everything I loved completely consumed me. My entire life was gone.

"Hey, don't cry. We're going to see your home town, and I didn't get fired." His poor attempt at soothing me causing a small smile to come through despite my tears. I realized then that even if I had nobody, and hardly any possessions, Liam was stuck with me 'til the end.
"You're really going to stay with me?" I sniffled, wiping under my eyes. Any trace of make-up completely gone.
"Promise. Now let's go to a hotel for the night, well day." I nodded, it was going to be a long trip to Italy.
"Wait," I pulled back, noticing Liam's hand, "how come if you're part of my father's company you only have the scar I gave you?"