The Mobster's Daughter: Chapter 9

"What the hell," I mumbled, squinting into the sun.
I noticed Liam was spooning me, his arm wrapped around my waist. I quickly hopped out of bed, giggling quietly.
"What are you doing? It's like 6:30." Liam groaned.
"Dancing!" I squealed, jumping back onto the bed. I stood up, swaying, and starting shaking my hips.
"And this is why we couldn't leave last night like I planned." He complained.
"What's the matter Lee-Lee?" I cooed, grabbing the remote off the table and pressing the radio button.
"You're still drunk. I shouldn't have let you drink so much, but when I went to the bathroom you did an unknown number of shots."
"I love this song!" I started dancing as a new song started.

"Seriously? Go drink some coffee." Liam whined, yanking on my arm. I staggered, falling onto Liam's chest. I immediately let out a giggle.
"You're so adorable Lee-Lee." I cooed, nuzzling my face into his neck.
"Belle. Stop." He groaned, when I began kissing his neck.
"Why, what's wrong?" I whispered.
"You'll regret it, that's what's wrong." He sighed, moving me onto my side of the bed.
"Fine," I pouted, and hopped off the bed. The music was still playing, and I began dancing around the room, stumbling slightly as I sung along.
I yawned, sitting on the floor, "I'm tired."
"You should be, you only slept for like two hours." Liam chided, and I lay back, staring up at the ceiling, my eyelids feeling heavy.
"I'm gonna sleep." I said to no one in particular.

When I woke up again, I had a killer headache. I could feel my stomach roiling, and I knew I was going to be sick soon. The car was jolting around like nobody's business, and that certainly didn't help.
"Pull over," I moaned, shielding my eyes against the afternoon sun.
"Oh look, you're lucid again. But I can't pull over, there's a bucket there." Liam didn't look away from the road.
I promptly leaned over the bucket and choked up all the food I'd eaten in the past day.
Panting, I lied back, staring up at the roof of the car.
"Told you not to drink so much." Liam muttered.
"How'd I get in the car? The last thing I remember is dancing... on the... bed?" I trailed off, my face flushing.
"Andrew's men found us, I had to fight them off by myself, since you were so far gone you didn't even wake up." He ignored the latter part of my comment.
"I get it! I got too drunk." I snapped. I was in a truly terrible mood. I had a killer headache, was most likely going to be throwing up for the rest of the day, and Andrew's stupid lackies found us.
"I didn't kill them, I just knocked them out."
I nodded, "was Tony or Andrew with them?"
He shook his head, and silence descended over us once again.

I closed my eyes, trying to block out the sunlight, and the nauseous feeling.
"My head's killing me," I mumbled mostly to myself. I covered my sweaty face with my arm, flinching slightly at how cold it was.
"We'll get you something at the airport. Go back to sleep." He sighed, and I made a face, which he couldn't see under my arm.

You shouldn't have to be here with me." I whispered, half-asleep.
But Liam answered me anyway, "it's my job B."