Telling Niall

"It's Harry's."

______________

"WHAT?!" I signed.

She put her head in her hands and wiped a tear away from her eye. "I didn't mean for this to happen, Audrey!"

"How could it happen, anyway?! When the hell did 'it' happen?!"

"After the concert last week....we...you know..."

"Are you talking about when I was missing?!"

"Yes..."

"So...while I was MISSING and HANDCUFFED being interrogated, you were off having sex with a guy you just met when you have a BOYFRIEND. Great." I signed.

"I texted you so many times! And I went backstage to get help and Harry was there, so I told him what happened and he said he would send someone to look for you! Then...we started talking and...you know what comes next."

"Yeah, thanks. I don't need the details. Thanks for being worried enough to come look for me yourself." I signed and got up.

She grabbed my hand. "Please, Audrey. I need you right now."

"How do you even know you're pregnant? That was only last week."

"I just know. I can't describe it, but I know. I've been having morning sickness, and I can feel myself changing. It's weird, you wouldn't understand. But I know. And I'm not keeping it."

"What?!"

"I'm getting rid of it. As soon as I get the money." She signed.

"But what about Harry? And Cameron?"

"They don't need to know. This will be in the past soon enough, before they find out. And you can't tell Niall either. He'll tell Harry for sure."

"Harry needs to know, Peyton. He was involved, you know."

"Naw, I thought I did this by myself." She laughed.

"Please tell him. Please, Pey. I can't keep this from Niall. He's being so good to me and he's letting Nate stay with us when he gets out, too. I can't mess this up."

She sighed. "Okay, I'll tell him. But how am I going to get the money to get rid of it?"

"Job?"

She sighed dramatically. "But that's so much...work!"

"Um, yeah...that's why it's called a job...and work..." I laughed.

"Fine. But that'll still take a long time to save up." She gasped. "I know! I'll take out my savings from the bank! My parents have been saving it for when I move out, to get me started. And they kicked me out, but that counts as moving out. So I can take it out." She signed.

"How much is in there?"

"Around....$8,000?"

This time, it was my turn to gasp. "Your parents saved up that much money just for you to move out?!"

She looked confused. "Yeah...they were planning on having $15,000 in there by the time I graduated..."

"Oh my god...." I signed.

"Either way, that should be enough to pay."

"Um, yeah. I think that should be plenty."

"Okay, so...now what?"

"Now, we have to tell them." I signed.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________