chapter 27

They reached the mansion in an hour. She opened the car door and got out. Her eyes kept roaming on the similar place she visited before, a very unpleasant visit. Steven asked the butler to take out the bags and shift them to his room. While he pointed her to move inside. Recovering from her continuous gaze, she moved inside and old memories rewinded, how she escaped this place after having such a bad conversation with him that day and now she is entering this house again, as the wife of this man. But just a contract wife.

"I hope you don't mind that you have to live with me in my room" he asked her while they both stepped the stairs.

"Why in your room? Its just a contract, we can live in separate rooms, after all we'll divorce. And I think that's enough to live under same roof." She replied as they reached the bedroom's door and she entered, Steven following behind.

"So do you really think that it's just a contract?" He asked behind her back, while she was looking in the room.

She kept silent for a moment to realize that is there anything she stated wrong before, or unsuitable words. But didn't find any. She turned to face him.

"Ofcourse it's just a contract, because there are no feelings involved and we both know why we did this." She replied back with full enthusiasm.

"Oh really?" He asked while stepping towards her.

"What do you mean?" She got startled. While he continuously stepped towards her and she kept stepping back. He reached her and moved her back to a wall and pinned her.

"What are you doing?" She asked in utter shock.

"Ohh just marriage things" he replied with a smirk.

"What? Are you out of your mind? Let me go!" She tried to escape his grip while he took hold of her hands and pinned them at top of her head.

"Look Steven you cannot be serious, are you drunk? Please let me go, I don't want this!" She screamed on top of her lungs.

"Relax, there's no use of screaming like this, it's my home. And let me speak, don't you dare to interrupt" he said in warning voice.

"Look we both know that we signed this marriage for the sake of our reputation, and I know you don't feel anything for me but you cannot deny the feeling and that tension between our bodies whenever I'm close to you. I know you'll take a lot of time to realize or maybe deny forever but I want to clear one thing in your head. THAT IM NEVER GOING TO END THIS MARRIAGE! And you better stick this in your head. There's alot more that you need to know but let's start with this, and act gracefully like a wife to me." He continued while she remained unmoved in extreme shock.

He leaned in closer to her face and grazed her lips with his thumb.

"You're beautiful" he said while his eyes fixed on her lips.
She didn't resisted and kept looking at him.

He closed the distance between their lips by a kiss. She closed her eyes, and felt the lost of control on her senses. Their tongues intermingle with each other, and slowly her hands escaped only to grip his hair. While his hands roamed on her body. It was a slow but a passionate kiss. They both didn't realize and just dwelled in the moment. She responded back with same intensity. The moment was too unreal.
It was after a moment when they break the kiss to regain their breath. They stared into each other's eyes for a moment.

"I waited so much for this moment" he whispered.
As she regained her senses, she escaped his grip and ran to the bathroom and closed the door shut and locked it instantly. Leaving him in disbelief. But he soon realized that maybe it was too sudden for her.

She turned the tap water on, and washed her face to recover herself from the moment she just experienced. She looked at her swollen lips in the mirror, it still felt like that she was in the kiss.
'should I regret it? But why don't I feel like it? Why I'm not regretting it? Did I enjoyed it or I'm just carried away by the pleasure?' she asked herself but didn't find any answer.

But she felt worried at his words that he is never gonna let her go and can she live with him for rest of her life?
There was no answer to her questions, she silently opened the door and stepped into the room. There was no sight of him. She wiped her face with tissue, took off her hijab and settled her hair. She sat on bed only to memorize everything that happened so quickly in a couple of days. But just then a maid interrupted her thoughts.

"Mam will you like some food?" She asked.
"No I don't have any appetite, I'll just like to sleep"
"Sure do you need anything else?"
"Nothing particular but can you tell me where's Steven?" She asked from nowhere.
"Well sir has gone to company, and will return in evening"
"Ok thank you"
"If you need anything you can just call me, my name is Anna"
"Sure Anna"
Anna was a middle aged women in her thirties, working as house maid for Steven since five years.

As soon she went out of the room, Stella closed the door, and turned the lights off. Then she lie on the bed, but didn't realize that she was lying on Steven's bed in Steven's room. The mattress was so soft and comfortable that it took her a minute to dive into her dreams. And she forget everything, like she was sleep deprived.
She didn't realize the time and as the sleep released her, she opened her eyes. It was dark in room. It took her time to realize that where she is. She picked up her phone and sat up in shock that it was 5 in the evening! She dosen't even remember for how many hours she slept.