Modelesque: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"That felt like the longest flight ever!" I moaned to Rosie, as we were gathering our things before getting off the plane. Thank the Lord of the Rings that we're finally here. We had just landed in Sydney, Australia, ready for our big shoot. All the angels were beaming with excitement, not a single frown was found. Lydia directed the girls and I to form a line to get off and to make sure none of us had bed head, since there were cameras waiting outside. Great, I thought, I probably have huge eye bags.

As if she read my mind, Candice handed me her concealer and I quickly dabbed some onto the region underneath my eyes. "Thanks Candy!" I smiled, she had always been great with helping me out at the exact moment I needed it.

With my carry-on bag and satchel in hand, I hurried to join the line in the aisle, anxious to get some fresh Australian air. The line moved quickly which surprised me, our lot was usually very giggly and slow. After quickly smoothing out the wrinkles of my dress, I made my way through the door of the plane and gasped. Hundreds of photographers were waiting at the bottom, yelling for the girls to turn around and pose. I carefully climbed down the stairs to the concrete, hoping I wouldn't get my foot caught and fall. Be smooth, you can do it!

Lydia directed the security to control the premises while the VS angels all grouped together for a few publicity shots. We all smiled and laughed while huddling together, eager to get it over with. Flashes erupted from the various cameras facing us, while the photographers begged for more.

"We must get a move on ladies!" Lydia said hurriedly. "Sorry everyone, I'm afraid that's all for today, these girls need some rest from their long flight. Thank you all for your time and cooperation."

The girls dispersed and headed towards the limos that awaited. Rest is just what we needed.

-----------------------

The hotel we stayed in was heavily guarded, with big, bright rooms. Lydia had insisted we all shared bedrooms, since there was more than enough space for the more than one model in each room.

After getting my room key, I scurried to the elevator, eager to fall onto my bed. My feet are killing me! The doors to the elevator opened and thankfully, the elevator was empty. I sighed in relief, happy to massage my aching feet. As the doors were about to close, a hand pushed between them, stopping it right away. What now?

I lifted my head to see a young teenager staring back at me, in awe. Just what I need, a creepy teenaged boy alone with me in an elevator. Hey, be nice, he doesn't look so bad, I said to myself. I frowned, why did it seem like I talked to myself in my head way more than any normal person should? Cause you're not normal? Ugh, shut up.

I smiled at the boy, "Are you coming in?" I said nervously.

He stared in shock and rushed inside, without looking at me. He quickly pressed his button, 10, which was already illuminated. He looked up, aware of this too.

"We're on the same floor!" I said happily. That's right, be nice to a pubescent teen. Who are you, Miss America? I can be nice, God.

He looked up and a small smile appeared on his face. I quickly studied him, noticing his dark brown hair was misplaced, as though he just got out of bed. His hazel eyes were vibrant with colour and his body seemed pretty lean for his age. Heck, if I were my teenage self, I'd be drooling. Careful there, you cougar. "Yeah," the boy finally said.

The awkward silence filled the elevator, which seemed to be moving upward for what seemed like an eternity. The teenager's sudden movement made me flinch, so I looked over to see what he was doing. He groaned as he rubbed a yellow stain on his shirt that seemed to be getting worse. I couldn't help but stiffle a giggle at his determination, the rubbing was getting him nowhere. The boy looked up and furrowed his brows, like a lost puppy unaware of what he was doing.