Modelesque: Chapter 5

The after party was always an upbeat event for the angels. Being a complete noob, it was my fourth after-party and I was still as lost as my first. The party, which took place at a fancy, darkly lit club that the company rented out was blaring their music full blast and the models were going crazy. They bumped their hips, shook their butts and bobbed their heads while releasing all the stress the photo shoot had given them.

Candice and Rosie were grinding hard core with a couple of really smoking hot business men who had their suit jackets off and looked ready to party hard. Most of the other girls, like Chanel and Erin, were just bobbing their heads along to the music, talking to the various strangers that approached them with the intent to chat. Being the (how can I put this delicately hmm....odd one out perhaps?) odd one out, I stood by the doors, just observing the scene, trying to dodge any chatty chatter that came my way, but God however, did not bless me with the best ability to lie and dodge.

Enrique Iglesias' charming song Tonight I'm Loving You, started playing and the girls erupted with cheers. Ugh, I wanted to bury my head. This club was too loud and it seemed too dark, I could hardly see anything that was going on around me! I scuttled inside the restroom, checking for anyone in the stalls. Ah good, no one was around. I peered at myself in the mirror and narrowed my eyes. "Why are you so on edge?" I asked myself. I sighed as I briefly checked myself for any running make-up or beads of sweat. Nope, I think I was ok. I quickly surveyed myself one last time. My black cocktail dress was definitely shorter then I would've preferred, but Lydia insisted that I wore one of Adriana's dresses because I didn't bring a suitable one and Adri had many to spare that were just what Dr. Lyd-monster ordered.

Suddenly I heard a loud thump and as my head returned into reality, my gears were starting to grind. "Is anyone in here?" I squeaked. God, I actually sounded like a mouse right then. A cough erupted from behind the handicapped stall. Oh mother of pearl, why didn't I look in there! I swallowed hard and began to slowly walk towards the door. I took off my shoes at the door and then slammed it hard and ran tip-toed to the stall closest to the door and kneeled on top of the toilet. A squeak came from the door to a stall opening and the thumps became louder. I peered through the crack, careful not to make a sound and then I saw a dark figure checking himself out in the mirror. I leaned forward to get a better look and that's when I finally noticed.

The guy standing in front of the mirror was insanely HOT. Holy smokes, there should be a fire house around because this guy was actually on fire. Wow, hey Corny Cora, my conscience chuckled, way to sound like a bigger loser than you already are. I silently kicked myself inside my head and looked back at the man. His dark chestnut hair was complimented well by his blue eyes and his tall, well-built and lean figure made my eyes bulge out. His black dress shirt with dark jeans with his fancy shoes meant he was stylish and hip as well. Ew, did I just say "hip"? I gagged internally, wow I sound like a grandmother trying to be cool... Ok, moving on, back to reality : If I weren't so scared that I'm crouching in a very uncomfortable pose just to get a look on a potential stalker, I would have totally introduced myself and attempted to flirt, but that could end just as badly as this situation.

Ok I'm just paranoid, there could be so many reasons he's in the Ladies' Room right now. "Stupid cold," he said angrily, in what I caught as an Australian accent. A local stalker, oh joy! Oh good lord of everything that is holy in this world, please save me from this hot sexy creepo! Just then Sexy Back resonated throughout the rest room. I giggled mentally, a song that suited him, a tad random, I'll admit,  but it matched this tall, handsome stranger. I snapped out of my reverie and spotted mystery man pull out his cellphone.

"Hello?" he said

"Yeah, I'm here"

"Oh yeah, I've been keeping my eye on them! Where am I? Oh just hiding out in the bathroom!"

"No the ladies' one."

"Hmm, oh no, not a single person noticed me. Slipped right in, as easily as we'll slip out."

"She looks amazing tonight, you're for sure gonna drool when you see her!"

"Well if it works, you'll see her at the scheduled time! Just like we said before."

"How am I supposed to remember all of that? Just send me the plan in a text if you changed it! God, why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Perfect, just send it after the call. Ok sounds good."

"Which one do I want? Well I want all of them, but some things are just too good to be true!" He chuckled at that line. What the heck was he talking about? I wanted to yank all my hair out, the things I was hearing made me nervous, but also made me lost and confused. Who's she? When will they meet? What's the thing that he wants? I sighed softly, this would be so much better if I could hear both ends of the conversation!

He turned around quickly and his eyes darted across the room and he sighed deeply. "Oh it's nothing," he said. "Just getting jittery, the ladies' room is so..feminine."

"Well they're all amazing, but I guess I'll go take a look around."

"It's creepy if I watch, don't you think? Can't I just take a swing at the dance floor?"

"Thanks. Don't worry, I'll keep my eyes peeled. When will you and the guys come? One? Are you sure it won't clear out? Ok ok I believe you!"

"Ok, I'll see you then." The man clicked his cell phone and looked around again. He slid his phone into his pocket and sighed. I held my mouth, careful not to make a single peep. "Time to party." He said to himself. As the man walked out, I finally sighed loudly. Something wasn't right! My spidey senses were tingling! I could feel it in my bones!

After two minutes of waiting and holding my breath, I climbed down from the toilet and slid on my peep toed black pumps. I slowly made my way to the exit. I'll get to the bottom of this!

Then it hit me, the plan was going to be on a text and he put his phone into his pocket! I'll just take it. As I exited the rest room, I saw the man on the other side of the room, leaving the bar to the dance floor. I walked with determination to the dance floor as well. If dancing was the only way, then we're just gonna have to get close and personal!

For the team, for the girls!

~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I released this one quickly because it's short, but it's starting to take a turn to something mysterious... Hmmmm

Well Comment your feedback and opinion and vote :) Everything is appreciated

The party's about to really get started, so I recommend waiting for the next chapter, you'll be head over heels for Modelesque!

-DD