Chapter 7

Jorge and the crew were making their way to Sinaloa. It was a three hour drive from where they came from. Jorge was sitting on the floor in the back of the truck , along with four other men. The four men all looked the same. Each one were dressed in black and they had a black military issued bulletproof vest. They all had a black bandana on with a red devil imprint on them. The men also wore backwards black hats and had dark aviators on, so you couldn't recognize them what so ever. The men all carried a carbine rifle and had a Glock 19 attached to their bulletproof vest. They looked like they knew what they were doing and were prepared and here Jorge was, just has a 1911, no vest, no face covering, and dressed in casual clothes. "How are you gonna protect us with just a pistol?" One of the men asked. They all immediately started laughing and Jorge sat there with a straight face. "Its all I need." Jorge replied. The men chuckled and one said, "alright, man." The truck came to a stop. The men opened the back door. They stopped to fuel the truck at a gas station. The crew was two hours into the trip. Everyone besides Jorge and two men, went inside the gas station to either use the bathroom or get some chow. Jorge and another man stood by the back of the truck to have a good viewpoint. The other man was near the front looking at both sides occasionally. Bang! A loud shot rung Jorge's ears and his ears had a loud continuous ring. Blood splattered all over his face. Jorge ducked down and the mans body that was next to him fell where jorge was crouched. Jorge looked at the man and could see the mans brain through the bullet wound in his head. Jorge ran around the truck where the other man was in cover. Bang! Bang! Shots were still being fired, but the shots sounded much closer this time. Jorge heard voices approaching the truck. Jorge, having his 1911 in his hands, dropped to the floor and looked underneath the truck and seen four masked men. Bang! Jorge shot one in the head. Bang! Bang! Jorge shot one of the men in the knee and when the man dropped, Jorge shot him in the head. The men remaining scrambled. "Find cover'" one of the bandits said. The rest of Jorge's crew came out the gas station. The bandits started firing at them, killing one. Jorge switched covers and seen where the two bandits were. One of them stood up to switch cover. Bang! Jorge shot him in the stomach. The man fell to the floor in agony, holding his stomach. One of Jorge's men walked up to the wounded man and shot him four times in his chest. The last bandit started to run away. Jorge's men started firing at the bandit but they missed their shots. Bang! Jorge shot one bullet and hit him in the head and he fell to the floor. Jorge and three of his men remained. "Hurry fueling the truck! We need to get the fuck out of here!" One of the men shouted. The men hurried and finished fueling and immediately got into the truck and continued their trip. "What the fuck just happened? We never have any kind of problems in that town! We lost two men and have not even entered the worst part of our trip!" One of the men said, sounding worked up. "We appreciate you, man. You handled yourself good at the gas station." One of the men said, assuring Jorge. "We are in Sinaloa, so be on guard everyone! We are almost there." The driver said. "Whats exactly your background? You look like you can handle a gun from what I seen." One of the men said. Jorge took a minute to collect his thoughts to be mindful of what he says that can be bad for him and then he came up with an answer. "I am specially trained to kill a man. I am just great at shooting. Its just luck and accuracy." Jorge responded. The man laughed and said "sure it is. Good answer. Never tell some stranger about yourself." The truck stopped. The driver got out first and allowed the men out. When Jorge got out, he found himself in a warehouse that looked exactly like Sergios. Jorge looked around and seen fourth armed men that looked like straight killers. There was a tall black man with a tear drop tattoo under his eye and had black shorts that hung low. The man had a red t shirt on and red Jordan's. Jorge looked at the mans arms and the man had a tattoo that said outlaw on his outer forearm. "My name is Patrick. See yall got yourself a new crew. Did the trip go ight?" Patrick said. "We got ambushed but we are thankful for our new gunman. His name is Jorge. " the driver responded. "Good job. Nice to meet you Jorge. You look like a man that has ambition for what he wants and you look like a leader. I hope we can always count on you like we did today, Jorge." Patrick stated. Jorge seen graffiti on the wall. Jorge seen this symbol all over before. It was the Sinaloa cartel. "You look like you seen a ghost. You did not know that Sergio's men worked for my cartel, did you?" Patrick asked. "Unload the truck!" Patrick demanded his men. The men quickly grabbed multiple forklifts and grabbed all twelve pallets of 60 kilograms of fentanyl on each one. Patrick begun shaking hands with Sergio's men. He walked up to Jorge and shook his hand. While shaking his hand, Patrick said "i will see you tomorrow, Jorge." Patrick turned to Sergio's men. "No interruption tomorrow guys. Lets be on time, ight?" Patrick said. "Alright, we will avoid any trouble and we will be prepared for all scenarios." The driver responded. "Sounds like a plan, see y'all tomorrow." Patrick replied as he nodded. Sergio's crew and Jorge got back in the truck and made their way back to Sergio's warehouse. Three hours later, they arrived at the El Diablo warehouse. The men got off the truck and grabbed the bags of cash that they got from Patrick. "What happened to Manny and Bryan?" Sergio asked concerned. "We got ambushed at a gas station. If it weren't for Jorge, we would probably all be dead. He knows his way with a gun." One of Sergio's men said. Sergio slammed his fist on his desk. "I already lost a lot of men, god dammit! I don't need to lose any more! You cant be stopping for any reason on the delivery route. This job i have set up for y'all tomorrow will have lots of money involved, I can't have nothing go wrong!" Sergio demanded. Sergio grabbed one of the bags of money and grabbed 15 stacks out and gave 3 stacks to each man. "Heres everyone's cut. Its gonna be a lil short since y'all were lackin. " Sergio said in an angry tone. Jorge left and drove home. He arrived home at 1am and seen Leslie asleep in the recliner with an open bag of her recees pretzels. The tv was blaring, Jorge was surprised she could sleep with it on. Jorge turned the tv off and went and grabbed a blanket. He laid the blanket across Leslie and kissed her forehead goodnight. Jorge walked upstairs to his bedroom and sat on his bed. He grabbed a Newport out and lit it. He sat there thinking how this work is not cut out for him and how he could have been the one to get shot. "I hope tomorrow's job is gonna go more smoothly." He thought to himself. Jorge laid down and called it a day.