Chapter 2

When he was approaching Nate's house, he seen slight smoke pouring out the window. Jorge stepped out of his vehicle and smelled an odd odor that smelled like chemicals and ammonia. He kicked the door down thinking that there was a fire and that's what Nate needed help with , but no, as he kicks the door down, he sees Nate wearing a gas mask, protective gloves, and an apron. Nate looked startled and had the gun pointed at Jorge. He sighed and lowered the pistol when he seen that it was Jorge. Jorge was in shock of what he saw. There were cans of chemicals stacked on the floor. There were glass flasks on the table. "Why do you have all this stuff? What are you doing? Why did you call me and say you needed help?" Jorge asked concerned. All nate said was "come with me downstairs and I will show you." Nate said as he opened the basement door and walked down the concrete steps. Jorge followed Nate into the basement. As soon as they stepped on the last step, Jorge saw a lab. There were packages of white powder stacked on the table, one on top of another. These packages had a red print of the devil on each one. There was a big mixing bowl placed over a steady fire. "Put these on." Nate said handing Jorge a mask, gloves and an apron. "What are we doing Nate?" Jorge asked, afraid of what the answer might be. "I'm making money." Nate responded. "Put your mask on." Jorge said. They put their masks on and Nate grabbed a large stick and four different bottles of chemicals and he slowly poured them in the large bowl over the fire and steadily mixed it, being the most careful he can be. The chemicals began to turn into a white paste substance. Nate grabbed a large strainer and sat the paste inside. "See everything I just did? I need you to help me cook." Nate said. Jorge was hesitant.
"You see these packages? I'll give you $5,000 for each one you help me make." Nate said trying to convince Jorge to help him. Jorge was having many thoughts, but didn't want to ask too many questions. All Jorge wanted to know was, how was Nate selling them and how was he making all this money. "I'll consider working with you, but first, I want to know what I will be involved with, who do you work for?" Jorge asked. "I am a cook for the 'El Diablo' cartel. The only thing you will be involved with, is helping me cook and making money. We personally don't sell them. We make it and package it, then call someone to come pick them up. " Nate remarked. Jorge stood there and was trying to put together his thoughts and how the consequences of his actions will play out. "What will my daughter think about this, if she ever found out?" Jorge kept asking himself. Jorge collected his thoughts and grabbed the cooking gear. "Let's get started." Jorge said to Nate.