VIII.

Y/N P.O.V

We arrived again at the harbor of Portorosso. We just magically made it here with all the fish piling up.

"Shoo shoo" Alberto shooed off some hungry seagulls that wanted to steal the fish We worked so hard on getting.

I currently was getting off the boat, carefully stepping on the stone pavement. Alberto following close behind me.

I looked up to see Giulia with a great big smile, boy was she amazed of all the fish We caught.

Massimo then spoke up praising us.
"Your friends do know fish" he said.

Giulia's amber eyes sparkled. Her smile brightening even more.

She then laughs "Benissimo! Ooh let's go sign up!" Her arms extended and grabbed onto my hands pulling me.

I followed the red haired girl, she was really excited to sign up.

Still following the girl up the stairs. I heard footsteps behind me.

"Wait for us!" Luca yelled As he managed to catch up with us.

I looked to my side to see Alberto catching up.

All of us were excited to go and sign up.

Making it now to the middle of the fountain. Giulia kept holding onto my hands as we made it to a yellow building. There were a lot of people. Mostly kids like us lining up waiting go sign up.

"Let's go over there" Giulia said pointing at a place which was near a corner.

We entered the place and stood by

"Fellow portorossons, it is I Giorgio Giorgioni!" A woman with brown wavy hair yelled. She seemed to be wearing a costume. She was wearing a mustache and was holding a broom.

"Slayer of sea monsters and beloved purveyor of pasta!" She yelled swinging the broom as if it was a trident.

I looked down and peered over Giulias shoulder as I felt that she let go of my hands. She took a pamphlet out. It was blue and yellow. It showed the name of the person the woman was acting out.

The male was slaying a sea monster which looked like a hydra.

I looked up again to see the woman hit the cardboard cutout with the broom.

"Slayer of sea monsters?" Luca asked quite worried.

"Ah, that's just signora Marsigliese, she works for the sponsor of the race" Giulia said before groaning.

"This is gonna take forever" she said her shoulders slouching.

"The finest pasta in liguria at a price every family can afford" the Signora said holding up a box of pasta.

As the woman was about to speak again, Giulia interrupted. She was quite impatient and wanted to get started with the sign up.

"Get to the rules already!" She yelled.

"Enthusiasm, love to see it" the woman said with a thunder like voice. She was really in character.

"To win my famous race, your team must be brave-"

I looked to my side getting a small glance at the map.

"The treacherous waters of the bay, devour a mystery bowl of my delicious pasta, and ride to the top of Mount portorosso and back!"

"All of that sounds pretty hard" Luca said.

"Yeah, hard to lose. We're going to win" Alberto said changing what Luca said.